Watching the other five 2024 1st round rookie QB's....

14 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Not even close. He's naturally got one of the stronger arms we've seen coming out of the draft,

Nope. I heard and read that but the eye test tells all. They said the same thing with the Georgia QB Bennett after some throwing meter.

Anyone that watched the combine saw it a s well. You have your IMO,  I have mind and that will not change until he proves it in the NFL season. 

15 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Meant to say gift.  How is Lowe looking?

I'm still not sure what your asking however if the Vikings were willing to trade their 1st two picks I would have taken the deal. based on the way the draft fell. The Pats could of taken at 10  Olumuyiwa Fashanu,  and at 17 Amarius Mims, Troy Fautanu or Jordan Morgan.

The Pats would still stink, they are still rookies however they would be a great fix for the next 10 to 15 years. Post Brady we have had the worse OL in the NFL and here we are still at the bottom with little hope at this time.  What QB has a chance with this problem especially Maye who is a project that most think needs to sit for a year.  His second year he still has major problems OL and the Pats as well.

I laugh when they use Allen and Love a example concerning Maye sitting and learning, somehow they leave out the 1000 other failures when GM projection fail such as Dan Jones and Tribisky just to name a few.  Also who on the Pats management team made this determination with Maye, far as I can tell it was the son of a GM and Groh !!!!!

To me that's a huge question mark and based on  FA and draft it a major concern. 

The Pat even with these OT picks will still be at the top of the draft based on everything going on in 2024... a whole new management, coach, scheme and still lacking players throughout the lineup.

They are sitting in the top 3 and have a choice of Ewers or Beck or any other that will show out in 2024 such as Sanders.

If they did this trade and didn't make it back to the top of the draft in 2025 I did a damn good job trading the pick for two OT !!!!! 😁

As to Lowe, I have nothing. It the 1st time ( this camp) hearing his name.

I have to be honest, my passion for this team has taken a major hit so I have not given to much time this year. Watching or reading every thing I can.

Two major reason is

Fredo Kraft and the damn Dynasty series. Complete butcher job on BB who I thought had to go but what they did stunk... badly

Hiring Mayo based on a promise and a gut feeling. Our you frigging kidding me.  This team needed a experienced coach (FO) and IMO a offensive one. if not it should of been Vrabal.  IMO this is something that happened with the Sullivan. 

What does Mayo bring to the table, huge question mark. The big thing I here he will understand the new modern players..  really !!! 

Wait til they are 0 and 7... the players will turn on him quick.  You saw a preview with Judon. What's going to happen with him if they keep him and don't pay him while losing?

Fredo Kraft thinks he now knows football while WATCHING on the sidelines for years!!!!  Our own, Jerry Jones !!!

Edited by m haynes

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

Nope. I heard and read that but the eye test tells all. They said the same thing with the Georgia QB Bennett after some throwing meter.

Anyone that watched the combine saw it a s well. You have your IMO,  I have mind and that will not change until he proves it in the NFL season. 

Tom Brady also didn't have the strongest arm coming out of the Combine either.  Ultimately, once you have sufficient arm strength to compete in the NFL, then the other things matter more.  It doesn't have to be a Favre or Rodgers arm...or even Drew Bledsoe for that matter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

ok, so all of the camp reports from the beat reporters are wrong, too? Shows great zip on long throws in college, backs it up by being measured at the combine, Coaches and scouts evaluate that his arm strength is a plus, and demonstrates it at camp as observed by all of the reporters and attendees - "Not gonna change my mind"

Ok then, good talk. Good luck this season.

Edited by JDBrocks

Patriots fans will get ZERO sympathy from me. You experienced one of the greatest, if not the greatest, dynasty's in sports history.

I hope Maye pans out, I was excited at the prospect of him landing here in MN. I agree with @m haynes in that it was my opinion they should've looked to move down and fill out the supporting cast first. A few others in the Vikings forum agreed but they took "their guy". Now it is up to them to support him, we'll see how it all shakes out.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

from the beat reporters are wrong, too?

I could care less what a beat reporter says or his opinion.

Take Boston sports guys they work with Mayo on TV.  When he was hired they said glowing things about him !!!!   The guy with no experience who strength was talking in front of the players.

Also the SW that said Brady was done for his last 10 years.  Their job IMO is to push their narrative. Gut that say Milton is better in camp.

If I recall he threw most of his passes in college 10/15 yards he struggle with longer throws.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1Yc2THz28

Start at the 1.57 mark, see the loops and struggle with the throws.  I don't want to give the expression I don't like him however he needs helps around him which the Viking have in spades.   Also he's better than Maye. 

Note I don't care what Dan is saying in this tape. IMO he awful with his evaluations across the board.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

ok, so all of the camp reports from the beat reporters are wrong, too? Shows great zip on long throws in college, backs it up by being measured at the combine, Coaches and scouts evaluate that his arm strength is a plus, and demonstrates it at camp as observed by all of the reporters and attendees - "Not gonna change my mind"

Ok then, good talk. Good luck this season.

You to,  I hope he kills it, one thing he has, QB knowledge and leadership, great quality for a QB.   Good season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Patriots fans will get ZERO sympathy from me.

Hey your only looking a the youngster.  I'm a 50+ year Pats fan. I suffered for 30 years to get to the BB/TB run. Talk about a crap show.

MOF They didn't show Pats games on TV if was the Giants every week !!!!  I also had to watch Plunkett get destroyed every week!!!!!

😁😁🤣

Note: I saw my 1st game at Harvard stadium, it was against the Vikings!!!   Guess the Pats QB .......................................... Joe Kapp !!!!!🤣 Year or two later we had Chuck Foreman !!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Note: I saw my 1st game at Harvard stadium, it was against the Vikings!!!   Guess the Pats QB .......................................... Joe Kapp !!!!!🤣 Year or two later we had Chuck Foreman !!!

@m haynes, an Honorary Ancient...

one of the highest honors we can bestow here on a non-Viking fan. but then, i just made it up too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Did you remember the postman playing LT for the Pats... funny his grandson is now playing LT !!!! 😁

No, I just remember the marquee players.

But I remember Stanford's Plunkett all the way back to the Rose Bowl they won over Ohio State, when it was always the Pac 12 vs the Big 10 winners, as I was from a Big Ten school.