Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Considering there are anywhere from 2-3 other teams trying to get him, I don't think the cheap side exists

Well let put it this way maybe peters has a set price and what 49ers are asking for is way beyond his set price. The Patriots are openly interested and appears to be desparate and could very well be the team. however if they give up their first I will be shock.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For what it’s worth, while the 49ers do hold the leverage here as far as making a trade……Aiyuk has some of his own.  He can choose to sign or not sign a deal, or not negotiate with a team.  He can say I’m only signing long-term with Washington…….and then what does SF do?  Especially if Peters isn’t going to meet their asking price?  

They likely hold him, and he comes here in the off-season anyway.  Which is ultimately what I envision happening.  

If I am Aiyuk, I would certainly consider trading that leverage for a promise to play and also not be franchise tagged next year.  

Really not sure I want another WR of a similar size profile we already got.  I would be more open minded if it only cost cap space.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Anything new in this drama?

Something has to give, right?

Aiyuk plays for their Super Bowl run in 2024 and he walks as a free agent and San Francisco receives compensation 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I guess I need clarification on what that means. Like we did nothing? We did prelims and walked away quickly when it got hot and heavy?

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess I need clarification on what that means. Like we did nothing? We did prelims and walked away quickly when it got hot and heavy?

I am fine if it was either.  I’m perfectly OK just spending the cap next off-season and continuing to build the roster with draft picks that we keep.  

If a team is giving up a first, or a second/third and a player for Aiyuk, and then paying him a massive contract, it’s a big mistake on their part 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am fine if it was either.  I’m perfectly OK just spending the cap next off-season and continuing to build the roster with draft picks that we keep.  

If a team is giving up a first, or a second/third and a player for Aiyuk, and then paying him a massive contract, it’s a big mistake on their part 

Same. I think that's just conflicting from some other reports that we did have a conversation and bowed out early. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don’t like Kimberly Martin. I don’t think she’s a good reporter. That statement could mean anything.

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Same. I think that's just conflicting from some other reports that we did have a conversation and bowed out early. 

Rumor is that they want two firsts, at least according to what appears to be a legit source someone posted here in the News forum.  

If that’s true, no wonder why Peters walked away.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Its pretty obvious that he only wants to get paid and play with Jayden or stay put. He turned down the patriots and 30 mil. He wants to play with Jayden or be paid where hes at. We backed out and he turned down a deal San Fran would accept. We just arent there yet. We are looking at a class where our value picks fit needs in the earlier rounds. OT is really really strong and if Coleman can pan out your tqlking about looking at a priemeier talent at that other OT spot. Edge has a ton of guys with round one round 2 grades. I dont have a premier guy there yet. But the value that should be there round 2 would be great. 

Id love to rob San Fran!!! For them basically robbing us for Trent!!! Id reqlly love to stick it to Andy Reid just once one real time as well. But the best way to do that is keep picking and keep developing. And yes that means this year probably hurts more then it heeds rewards. And thats okay. Im over flashinbthe pan seasons. We took the QB to build around. So protectthat investment. You can overpay for Higgins and do terms to where our core needs resigned his money is clear. But to trade picks with all the work this team needs throughout you have to rob San Fran to make the trade

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Looks like he wants JD or stay put 

Yeah Cleveland and New England had trades. Personally i wish we could steal him for a 3 if he pulled some Trent Williams type stuff where he says no to the trades. I do think hes a better player then Higgins. Id love him here because he is a super well rounded player with size. Loved him coming out. But it has to be for a lower pick then we know San Fran wants unless they realize hes just gone next year anyways for a comp pick. We shall see what happens i believe this season hes in San Fran. But if he was avalible as a FA the player is worth the deal

• Like 1