Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So she knows that money is the issue and why we were not involved……..but she can’t figure out the mystery team? 

Season 9 Ok GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

She knew the mystery team, but didn't/wouldn't divulge who, nap.

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What kind of reporter knows that information and doesn’t divulge it?  

Reporters don't always divulge info, for whatever reason.

In that same conversation/segment with Kevin Sheehan.

He asked her if Harris was the owner who went to Sean Payton about Coaching Washington after he purchased the team. 

She said no, it was not him. A different potential owner. But out of respect, didn't want to say who even though she knew who it was.

I have no idea why they keep things close to the vest.

Edited by aceinthehouse

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I was listening to Kevin Sheehan podcast last night. He had on Dianna Russini & asked her how much interest we had in BA.

She said we did. That we were interested, but it never got into negotiations or compensation & so on.

He asked her, why did we decide not to get serious about a deal?

She said that the money was the turn off for us. That we didn't want to get involved with his demand of 28+M. Not the direction we wanted to go with that.

She also said there is a mystery team that is/was interested that has not been named yet. (We know Cleveland, New England & Pittsburgh are/were).

She also said she believes the Niners will get a deal done, eventually.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

But who knows, right? Maybe we get back involved with BA after having concerns with our WR room?

I hope we do. But I also understand if we do not.

I'm just tired of our team sucking. They're showing way more patience than me. 😆 

We’re in year one of a rebuild. Trading multiple picks - one of them high - and then giving a FA WR a $30 mil a year contract is not wise for a rebuilding team IMO and if we didn't trade for Aiyuk bc we didn't want to pay him a contract like that then I'm glad Peters is our GM.

We should be looking to draft a rookie WR next year in R2 or 3 to develop & then we’ll have that guy on a rookie deal for 4 years. We can also sign a veteran FA next year that isn't going to cost us $30 million a year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What kind of reporter knows that information and doesn’t divulge it?  

The kind that was told information by a GM she gets information from and told not leak it so she isn't. She's smart and trustworthy, this is why she's a good reporter who has trust around the league and has been a rising star for nearly a decade.

As much as we want him no matter what the record is we need two more home run type offseasons to get the overall roster where it needs to be to really have a year in and out shot. Trading draft capital when the only place to fill the holes we have is there without overpaying a guy who isn’t worth that at their position. Aiyuk is a heck of a player. And it would be awesome to have a top shelf aerial offense. And I think you can still have that after being a physically imposing team in the trenches. And we are a little ways off of that. I hope they give BRob a real load.

I think he can be the key to this offense being a little better than we think. But the defense I think will grow as the year goes on. But until someone claims anything of real impact outside the defense can go through some pains early

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

As much as we want him no matter what the record is we need two more home run type offseasons to get the overall roster where it needs to be to really have a year in and out shot. Trading draft capital when the only place to fill the holes we have is there without overpaying a guy who isn’t worth that at their position. Aiyuk is a heck of a player. And it would be awesome to have a top shelf aerial offense. And I think you can still have that after being a physically imposing team in the trenches. And we are a little ways off of that. I hope they give BRob a real load.

I think he can be the key to this offense being a little better than we think. But the defense I think will grow as the year goes on. But until someone claims anything of real impact outside the defense can go through some pains early

I'm all for BRob getting around 250 carries & Eckler getting around 150 carries while Jayden carries it around 100 times. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The Lions current path over the last three years should serve as a blueprint of sorts for us fans.  Anyone thinking this team is seriously competing for a playoff spot before Year 3 of Adam Peters is setting themselves up to be disappointed.  A lot needs to be changed still, both in the roster, in the locker room and the front office.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Lions current path over the last three years should serve as a blueprint of sorts for us fans.  Anyone thinking this team is seriously competing for a playoff spot before Year 3 of Adam Peters is setting themselves up to be disappointed.  A lot needs to be changed still, both in the roster, in the locker room and the front office.  

I agree. And they did it the right way. They really really invested in trenches and special skillsets. 

• Like 1