Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

NE reportedly thought ATL and CHI 3’s were even so they gave Judon his pick of the two. Was he expecting ATL to be more likely to pay him or does he have something against the bears lol

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 6:54 PM, Ty21 said:

NE reportedly thought ATL and CHI 3’s were even so they gave Judon his pick of the two. Was he expecting ATL to be more likely to pay him or does he have something against the bears lol

Probably yes, he is thinking Atl is more likely to pay him than Chicago for whatever reasons.  Money is always largest motivation.

But a factor could be dome.  Could be winter in Chicago.  Could be he likes city or region better.   Could be he likes scheme better.  Or coaches.  Or has family or property in area.  

Just now, dll2000 said:

Probably yes, he is thinking Atl is more likely to pay him than Chicago for whatever reasons.  Money is always largest motivation.

But a factor could be dome.  Could be winter in Chicago.  Could be he likes city or region better.   Could be he likes scheme better.  Or coaches.  Or has family or property in area.  

Honestly all things being equal if it was me I would live in Chicago over Atl and it isn’t close, but there are parts of GA I would prefer over any part of IL to live in.  

• Like 1

Good for Bagent.   

If you aren't starter you have to be doing whatever it takes to be the starter.  If you are starter you have to be fighting to keep that job.

Bagent is realistic, he isn't going to start for Bears for at least 2-3 years in any circumstance barring injury no matter how well he plays.   

But he can make tape for other teams.  Coaches and players talk to other coaches and players.   People have tongues and ears.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Good for Bagent.   

If you aren't starter you have to be doing whatever it takes to be the starter.  If you are starter you have to be fighting to keep that job.

Bagent is realistic, he isn't going to start for Bears for at least 2-3 years in any circumstance barring injury no matter how well he plays.   

But he can make tape for other teams.  Coaches and players talk to other coaches and players.   People have tongues and ears.  

I still don’t see an NFL starter there but if he never gets there it won’t be because he didn’t give it everything he has. He clearly understands if he gets a shot to be the starter somewhere he’s almost certainly only going to get one chance and that he needs to be working every day to make sure he’s ready if/when that moment arises.

Hard Knocks is gonna eat that **** up probably into next week too since CW isn’t playing against KC. 

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I still don’t see an NFL starter there but if he never gets there it won’t be because he didn’t give it everything he has. He clearly understands if he gets a shot to be the starter somewhere he’s almost certainly only going to get one chance and that he needs to be working every day to make sure he’s ready if/when that moment arises.

Hard Knocks is gonna eat that **** up probably into next week too since CW isn’t playing against KC. 

Yeah, I for one saw some good looking improvement in Bagent, but when HK started in on his "journey" I groaned a bit.  I really hope they're not going to treat him as a possible challenge to Williams.  That said I think his arm looks better. Not like he's throwing farther but the passes have more control and velocity.  

On 8/18/2024 at 5:54 PM, Ty21 said:

To that Judon says don't believe all that you read.

Poles followup on it says it came down to him not being comfortable making the trade without an agreement from Judon on an extension.  So he was not seen as a one year rental.  Not at the cost of a 3rd round pick.

Apparently Atlanta was willing to trade without that requirement and as it stands Judon may be content to play out his deal and hit FA next spring.  Seem like a risky play for a 32 year old guy but is it?  Poles would not normally pursue a player Judon's age let alone plan to extend him so the guy must still be in very good shape.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 3:16 AM, soulman said:

To that Judon says don't believe all that you read.

Poles followup on it says it came down to him not being comfortable making the trade without an agreement from Judon on an extension.  So he was not seen as a one year rental.  Not at the cost of a 3rd round pick.

Apparently Atlanta was willing to trade without that requirement and as it stands Judon may be content to play out his deal and hit FA next spring.  Seem like a risky play for a 32 year old guy but is it?  Poles would not normally pursue a player Judon's age let alone plan to extend him so the guy must still be in very good shape.

Poles discussed this on Hard Knocks.  Judon would likely be a Bear if they could have come to a deal on his contract, which they couldn't so he is not.  

Atl was obviously cool with him playing on current contract.  

The part that surprised me about whole thing was that he was willing to play on his current contract. 

Jets didn't get that same favor from Reddick.  They said he said he would and went back on it, Reddick says that is not true.

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The part that surprised me about whole thing was that he was willing to play on his current contract. 

Obviously he thinks that he is worth more than the Patriots (or Bears or Falcons) were offering him, and he cant really sit out completely at 32 and get paid more than is being offered right now, just doesnt work like that. But he also wants a shot to win. 

So he needs at least of those 2 things to be a possibility this year, and since the Pats werent willing to pay him enough to lose for the next few years, he said ill go try to win this year and get paid after that.

Actual hold outs rarely work in the NFL, they are usually just "im not practicing till I get paid" but if rubber ever really meets the road when it comes to real games, most guys fold as long as the money offered is close