WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Fire marathe, now

The lack of will to want to trade him for a 2025 FRP in May would fall on Lynch and Shanahan, no? Paraag is the contracts guy. Blame him and his analytics team for continually being a year behind contract trends. But trades failures fall firmly on the football people.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, typecast said:

The lack of will to want to trade him for a 2025 FRP in May would fall on Lynch and Shanahan, no? Paraag is the contracts guy. Blame him and his analytics team for continually being a year behind contract trends. But trades failures fall firmly on the football people.

Paraag also handles some of the trade negotiations. At least he did. We know that from the Peter King article all those years ago. 

I do agree that shanny would be the one to ultimately ok or kill the trade option though

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

Paraag also handles some of the trade negotiations. At least he did. We know that from the Peter King article all those years ago. 

I thought that was before his promotion to oversee the money in all of the York's business ventures. He'd still be the 49ers contract guy, but didn't have to worry about the other responsibilities he was given

1 minute ago, typecast said:

I thought that was before his promotion to oversee the money in all of the York's business ventures. He'd still be the 49ers contract guy, but didn't have to worry about the other responsibilities he was given

Oh that's a good point. That could definitely be the case. 

lol this is reminding me of when we negotiated with Jim Harbaugh in 2011 and traded upto 3 before everyone knew who’d we pick. 

I mean Aiyuk is most likely getting traded but so many random accounts coming out of nowhere pretending ti be reliable 

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

lol this is reminding me of when we negotiated with Jim Harbaugh in 2011 and traded upto 3 before everyone knew who’d we pick. 

I mean Aiyuk is most likely getting traded but so many random accounts coming out of nowhere pretending ti be reliable 

Only account that matters is the one with the dog wearing a blue hat in the PIP. Schefter has been Scheftered.

46 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

No way the Steelers do that...Pickens on a rookie deal would go for a good pick himself right now. The Steelers have no reason to give up this much for Aiyuk.

1 hour ago, adamq said:

They laid a contract on the table and haven't touched it since May, just expecting BA to eventually show up and sign it? If that's the case they are inept

Multiple people have reported this. 

• Like 1

How do they not get rolled in negotiations then? Feels like Paraag is living off reputation and some incredible talent acquisition by personnel departments. 

All the big negotiations and trades (outside of cmc and Trent, an obvious steal) have largely blown up in our faces. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John232 said:

How do they not get rolled in negotiations then? Feels like Paraag is living off reputation and some incredible talent acquisition by personnel departments. 

All the big negotiations and trades (outside of cmc and Trent, an obvious steal) have largely blown up in our faces. 

Purdy's extension period starts around 4:30 PM PST on January 5th, 2025. Get your popcorn ready!

• Like 1