WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

7 hours ago, 49ers Finest said:

Read a report that seemed legit that Browns offered their 2nd 5th and Amari Cooper and we had agreed on compensation being sufficient, but Aiyuk didnt want to go there. And without an extension, theyre not giving all that up. 

Weird bc he said no to Patriots bc theyre qb situation, but wants Steelers whos qb situation I would say is worse than the Browns.

I have seen a moderately credible person say that Aiyuk has beef with someone on the browns offense. No clue who it is. I looked it up, none of their offensive players went to ASU. 

This Jason Alexander interview felt very on the nose with the aiyuk negotiations and proves why Paraag's style is crap. Listen to what he says here, nbc didn't negotiate with them until 3 weeks before the deadline and they p!ssed them off. 

WHY DID WE NOT ENGAGE IN CONTRACT TALKS FROM MAY TO LATE JULY? 

It ended up costing nbc a lot of money. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think San Francisco can get a deal done with Brandon Aiyuk. The NFC champions are a lot of things, but dumb is not one of them. The Niners knew what they were doing when they gave Aiyuk the chance to go shop himself to other teams. Their bet, on a player they’ve really wanted to keep, was simple—it’d be tough to find a team with football circumstances nearly as good as the ones he already has willing to offer him what he wants.

Thus far, it looks like San Francisco was right.

Current price: The Patriots offered a deal in excess of $30 million per year. New England also has a rookie head coach, rookie quarterback, and sits on the other side of the country from where Aiyuk grew up, went to college, and has played as a pro. The Steelers’ offer was around $28 million per year that several other receivers (DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Amon-Ra St. Brown) got this offseason. They’re stable, with a Super Bowl-winning head coach, but haven’t won at the level the Niners have of late, and don’t have geographic appeal, either.

So San Francisco, which last moved in the contract negotiation back in May, is in position to strike a deal with a guy they’d like to pair over the long-term with Purdy, George Kittle in his 30s, and the football odometer starting to run high on the bodies of Christian McCaffrey and Deebo Samuel. Things have gotten quiet the past couple of days, an indication that the Niners have finally moved off the spot they occupied in May.

The question then becomes, to me, is whether they can meet Aiyuk’s number, and feel like all that he’s gone through to get here is worth it—because the last thing you’d want is to have is a player who believes he’s been squeezed by the team.

If San Francisco pulls if off, don’t be surprised. Shanahan, GM John Lynch and cap-side mastermind Paraag Marathe went down this road with Samuel and Nick Bosa the past two years. That’s why my guess would be that they find a way out out a deal with another star player. Again.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, adamq said:

Idk I feel like Rap just needed some engagement on his account today, that's all stuff we have known since last week

Only difference - supposedly we have agreed on trade terms with Pitt.

We want Brandon to reconsider before moving forward with trade or at least  that’s what it sounds like to me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Only difference - supposedly we have agreed on trade terms with Pitt.

We want Brandon to reconsider before moving forward with trade or at least  that’s what it sounds like to me 

Good point, it's no longer "SF is looking for a 3rd team". They've given up or Pitt has upped the offer.. I'd lean to the former

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamq said:

Good point, it's no longer "SF is looking for a 3rd team". They've given up or Pitt has upped the offer.. I'd lean to the former

I hope not, but that’s what I’m thinking too! 

Just now, StevenK said:

I really wonder what Pitt is going to give up that made us change our mind. They have been stubborn with value. 

More like the Niners have conceded and their last ditch leverage play where they leaked on Friday that they have re-engaged with Aiyuk on a long-term deal did not work. Heck, Aiyuk called them out right away when those reports came out lol. 

The Steelers were bidding against themselves since Aiyuk turned down the Browns and Pats offer. Why would they give up more than they have to? 

Huge misplay by the FO. Good luck. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

More like the Niners have conceded and their last ditch leverage play where they leaked on Friday that they have re-engaged with Aiyuk on a long-term deal did not work. Heck, Aiyuk called them out right away when those reports came out lol. 

The Steelers were bidding against themselves since Aiyuk turned down the Browns and Pats offer. Why would they give up more than they have to? 

Huge misplay by the FO. Good luck. 

Agreed and now they are scrambling to find a possible replacement with no avail.