WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

"They don't want me" does hit a little different right now. 

Why do we insist on doing this every year? 

F I R E  P A R A A G  M A R A T H E 

MMQBL one of the best follows on 49er Twitter for those who don't know

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

MMQBL one of the best follows on 49er Twitter for those who don't know

Personally, I feel like there's a failure on the part of some part of the front office to capture Aiyuk's present and future value due to past volume (and old contract precedent) that has led to a hard cap on negotiations that should be higher. Unless we get a first round pick back, we can't expect anything less that really meaningful offensive regression. We were due for some naturally - it was a Greatest Show on Turf year last year on a per possession basis - but without Aiyuk specifically on third down and against man coverage, we're gonna feel some old issues resurface. 

I do think that there's some reason to believe that the defense could be a touch better this year even with recovering Huf and likely sans Greenlaw, but it's going to be a close run thing and nowhere near enough to make up for likely offensive regression after an Aiyuk trade. They aren't going to be first 12 weeks of 2019 good on D. 

And that's still a playoff team, but one that's got to catch even more luck than it did before to meet its goals.

• Like 1

The FO is supposedly mad at how Bosa ended up getting his way in negotiations and they never wanted that to happen....Only to have situation even worse than that one a year later lol. Aiyuk is going to force his way to the Steelers and really, the Steelers have no reason to give in to the Niners demands since they know this is the only place Aiyuk wants to be at. He's already turned down the Pats and it is only a matter of hours until we get a report that the Browns are no longer in the Aiyuk sweepstakes.

The FO played itself big time. Could be a big part of why we don't win a Super Bowl this upcoming season and then have to do some retooling where we won't be contenders for a few years....at minimum.

Good job Jed and Paraag!!!!

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The FO is supposedly mad at how Bosa ended up getting his way in negotiations and they never wanted that to happen....Only to have situation even worse than that one a year later lol. Aiyuk is going to force his way to the Steelers and really, the Steelers have no reason to give in to the Niners demands since they know this is the only place Aiyuk wants to be at. He's already turned down the Pats and it is only a matter of hours until we get a report that the Browns are no longer in the Aiyuk sweepstakes.

The FO played itself big time. Could be a big part of why we don't win a Super Bowl this upcoming season and then have to do some retooling where we won't be contenders for a few years....at minimum.

The Nick negotiations did end with us getting quite a bad deal - Bosa ended up getting not just top of the market money, but the sort of outlier top of the market money that implies he's the Jordan Jefferson of defensive ends when that really isn't the case. I get not wanting to repeat that result. But if you are afraid that you are going to be played again, the correct answer is to trade the guy pre-draft. Or attack earlier in the cycle with a number that looks good before contracts roll in so that the urgency of needing to be competitive as the season comes to start doesn't press its knife against your throat. Here, you aren't likely to get either the draft compensation you want or the player under the contract that you want. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Personally, I feel like there's a failure on the part of some part of the front office to capture Aiyuk's present and future value due to past volume (and old contract precedent) that has led to a hard cap on negotiations that should be higher. Unless we get a first round pick back, we can't expect anything less that really meaningful offensive regression. We were due for some naturally - it was a Greatest Show on Turf year last year on a per possession basis - but without Aiyuk specifically on third down and against man coverage, we're gonna feel some old issues resurface. 

I do think that there's some reason to believe that the defense could be a touch better this year even with recovering Huf and likely sans Greenlaw, but it's going to be a close run thing and nowhere near enough to make up for likely offensive regression after an Aiyuk trade. They aren't going to be first 12 weeks of 2019 good on D. 

And that's still a playoff team, but one that's got to catch even more luck than it did before to meet its goals.

If they move Aiyuk, I'm probably out on this team being a legit super bowl contender without some change in post season philosophy from Shanny. 

I kind of already set Detroit as the team to beat because the roster is really good and they play like all their games but 2 in the dome which should give them a really good inside track to the #1 seed. I think this i a decent playoff team, but I don't think they are winning the super bowl. 

• Like 2

The 49ers stubbornness is the only thing that prevents me from thinking this is an absolute cluster**** of a trade negotiation where they end up settling for a third or 4th 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

If they move Aiyuk, I'm probably out on this team being a legit super bowl contender without some change in post season philosophy from Shanny. 

I kind of already set Detroit as the team to beat because the roster is really good and they play like all their games but 2 in the dome which should give them a really good inside track to the #1 seed. I think this i a decent playoff team, but I don't think they are winning the super bowl. 

And Detroit is not a great matchup for us unless our D-line gets through their monster O-Line to pressure Goff. They'll maul our smaller fronts with the lead and tend to block up our 4 man rushes and blitzes quite well. When you pressure Goff, he is atrocious, but the tools they have make it damn hard to get there. On offense, they are a terrific run stopping team and while I think their pure pass defense is still probably going to be subpar (rather than the usual quite bad), we aren't super great at running a pure passing offense both schematically and personell-wise (and possibly due to Brock, but these things are really hard to seperate).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers stubbornness is the only thing that prevents me from thinking this is an absolute cluster**** of a trade negotiation where they end up settling for a third or 4th 

I'd rather wait out until the season just to send a message at that point. There is still a franchise tag after. They have more leverage waithing if this hardball gets harder than it currently is. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I'd rather wait out until the season just to send a message at that point. There is still a franchise tag after. They have more leverage waithing if this hardball gets harder than it currently is. 

Me too. A 3rd round comp in 26 while maintaining at least the facade of competency by the FO is better than a 3rd/4th in 25 and looking stupid. Let BA be a whiner and sit out if that's he really wants

Edited by adamq
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Aiyuks Agent Ryan Williams is Pretty Ricky. 

Some chatter starting to pick up connecting the two. 

Is he directly connected to other news the Rickey account has been breaking? I figured it had to be an agent who was fed up with the Schefter types

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Soulja Boy Copied My Flow GIF - Soulja boy Copied my flow Stole my flow -  Discover & Share GIFs

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Aiyuks Agent Ryan Williams is Pretty Ricky. 

Some chatter starting to pick up connecting the two. 

Nah, I doubt that. Someone linked to that agency? Possibly. 

• Like 1