49ers Training camp 2024

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

At this point I’d be happy with Pickens and a 2, although I’m not sure Pittsburgh would part with Pickens. We’d again be in a spot where we’d have to pay Pickens if we made that trade, but it’d at least get us to the point where Deebo would be easy to move, if that’s something Shanny would even consider. 

It seems like the Steelers are not willing to give up their 1, or I think that this trade would already be done. 

Zero chance the Steelers give up a stud WR like Pickens AND a 2nd rounder for a disgruntled Aiyuk. The Steelers want to have a lethal pairing between Aiyuk and Pickens. 

We are going to at best get a 2nd rounder in return. Steelers are not going to go all-in for Aiyuk knowing this is the only place he wants to go to. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Zero chance the Steelers give up a stud WR like Pickens AND a 2nd rounder for a disgruntled Aiyuk. The Steelers want to have a lethal pairing between Aiyuk and Pickens. 

We are going to at best get a 2nd rounder in return. Steelers are not going to go all-in for Aiyuk knowing this is the only place he wants to go to. 

Right, and the Pats may be desperate enough seeing their current offensive situation in practice to hand both a massive contract and a draft package that would entice the 49ers, but without Aiyuk actually wanting to resign there, it doesn't work for them.

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

At this point I’d be happy with Pickens and a 2, although I’m not sure Pittsburgh would part with Pickens. We’d again be in a spot where we’d have to pay Pickens if we made that trade, but it’d at least get us to the point where Deebo would be easy to move, if that’s something Shanny would even consider. 

It seems like the Steelers are not willing to give up their 1, or I think that this trade would already be done. 

Agree with others. Shooting way too high on Pickens. At this point, I think realistically a second is the best you're going to get. 

I'd start thinking about this like Trent Williams getting moved by Washington (3rd and 5th) or Pitt trading AB (third and 5th). I think the 49ers stubbornness works in their favor, so I won't go that far down the value, but I'd be less surprised by this than a really good one

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agree with others. Shooting way too high on Pickens. At this point, I think realistically a second is the best you're going to get. 

I'd start thinking about this like Trent Williams getting moved by Washington (3rd and 5th) or Pitt trading AB (third and 5th). I think the 49ers stubbornness works in their favor, so I won't go that far down the value, but I'd be less surprised by this than a really good one

I really, really don't get just paying the dude 28.5 rather than 26 if this is the sticking point. I'd have gone 30 personally, but I get the team not wanting to go there. But quibbling about 28.5 when that was roughly Waddle's number is just not understanding value to my eye.

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Maybe you didn't shoot too high lol. At least one rumor that's the return. 

I'm skeptical it's legit but we'll see

It could also be that they perceive Pickens to be a bit of a poisoned asset, too. He's had his issues even with Tomlin as the coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I really, really don't get just paying the dude 28.5 rather than 26 if this is the sticking point. I'd have gone 30 personally, but I get the team not wanting to go there. But quibbling about 28.5 when that was roughly Waddle's number is just not understanding value to my eye.

Agreed 100%. I don't get how they mucked this up so badly. 

I've never been super enamored with their drafting methodology and preferences and this feels like a roided version of that where I just don't get where they are coming from or what they are seeing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It could also be that they perceive Pickens to be a bit of a poisoned asset, too. He's had his issues even with Tomlin as the coach.

Lol. Lots of concern there

Me to @49erurtaza

58 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I've heard Pittsburgh fans say he has a ridiculous ego and doesn't like to run block because he thinks it could lead to injury 

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

I've heard Pittsburgh fans say he has a ridiculous ego and doesn't like to run block because he thinks it could lead to injury 

I'd much rather take back Watkins over Pickens.

Pickens is a head case.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Maybe you didn't shoot too high lol. At least one rumor that's the return. 

I'm skeptical it's legit but we'll see

I know he’s kind of a head case, but I’m not terribly concerned in our locker room. If he doesn’t work out, oh well we trade him next year when he’ll want his money. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I know he’s kind of a head case, but I’m not terribly concerned in our locker room. If he doesn’t work out, oh well we trade him next year when he’ll want his money. 

I just don't think that Pitt has to pay that much at this juncture. 

If they do secure Pickens in the deal, I think it's a good gamble, but it tells me a lot about where Pickens is and what the Steelers are thinking of him. 

We have quite the history of showing tomlin being able to keep the crazy in on a lot of these guys. If Tomlin is quitting on him, I'm scared lol 

• Like 1