Raider Training Camp 2024

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Really? You got 5-6 guys who look like first round picks with Johnson, Hunter, Morrison and Burke looking like top 10 talents coming in. Decent depth in the later rounds as well.

My bad. I meant to say last years class

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My bad. I meant to say last years class

Oh, completely agree. Last years class was weak. That's why I laugh at the "Brock Bower's value over taking a CB" argument. I didn't think any of the CBs were worth a top 20 pick personally.  

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

CB depth is weak. RB is pretty thin to if Zues misses time.

RB I think is very good depth, Mattison is a good backup who’s been a starter (though was much better spelling Cook) in the league and Abdullah is a great pass protector and good scat type back. It remains to be seen what Laube is and I wouldn’t want to be without White for an extended period but I think we’re as solid as most teams there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Oh, completely agree. Last years class was weak. That's why I laugh at the "Brock Bower's value over taking a CB" argument. I didn't think any of the CBs were worth a top 20 pick personally.  

Oh yeah that was a given. It was evidenced by the fact that nobody took them until the 20s in the first place. To be honest I didn't really see the difference between some of the ones that win in the first round and some of the ones that went in the second round. Example being the two Alabama corners. That's the thing about the whole pre-draft process hype is that some people just get elevated for no reason. 

On 9/3/2024 at 1:21 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Can’t forget that Bowers and Tucker will be getting carries as well in the run game. Especially Bowers 

Idk bout bowers at rb getting extra contact vs 280lb plus guys. I like his chances vs lb’s and dbs tho