Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

DAY DATE PRACTICE SCHEDULE
* Thursday July 25 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
* Friday July 26 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
* Saturday July 27 1:55 p.m. (Open to Public)
* Sunday July 28 1:55 p.m. (Open to Public)
Tuesday July 30 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Wednesday July 31 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Thursday August 1 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Friday August 2 7 p.m. (Latrobe Memorial Stadium)
Saturday August 3 1:55 p.m. (Open to Public)
Sunday August 4 1:55 p.m. (Open to Public)
Tuesday August 6 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Wednesday August 7 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Thursday August 8 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Friday August 9 Preseason Game vs. Houston (7 p.m. KDKA-TV)
Sunday August 11 2:55 p.m. (Open to Public)
Monday August 12 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
Wednesday August 14 10:30 a.m. (Open to Public)
* Indicates helmets only
Schedule subject to change

• Like 3

The two most “under the radar” guys I am excited to watch in camp: Calvin Austin and Cory Trice 

Both coming off strong OTAs and with strong camps I could see Austin lock himself in as WR3 and Trice as the top backup at boundary CB. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Football is back fellas! Players report tomorrow and then the first practice open to the media is Thursday. Excited to get this forum rolling again and discuss some Steelers football with all of yinz. 

I am looking forward as well.  I will be camping in the area in a few weeks and will check to see the practice schedule and availability for online tickets if the dates correspond. 

P.S. You got me for the Game Day Threads, as well, for another year if you want me.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will be interested in seeing how the line jells.  Three new players or at least 2 new players and one moving position.

I hope they do not waste a lot of time with Herbig at starting center. Frazier needs all the reps he can get because we all know he will be starting week 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I hope they do not waste a lot of time with Herbig at starting center. Frazier needs all the reps he can get because we all know he will be starting week 1.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm ok with letting Moore fail at RT before giving it to Fau, but Herbig has no part taking 1st team reps at C over Frazier. 

Some out there things I'll be excited to see play out. The last DL spot, the last two TE spots(assuming they carry 4), Matthew Wright potentially netting us a draft pick, and how the heck the ST is going to look. I'm pretty excited about our older core of ST guys. Killebrew, Dirty Red, and Patterson are all really good ST guys to go along with Boz, newly extended LS, and a potentially *gasp* good punter. Sounds like a fun time to me. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2024 at 8:15 PM, warfelg said:

Kinda cool that despite injuries both Cam Heyward and Minkah Fitzpatrick both were on the Top 100 list. Cam at 98 and Minkah at 79. 

and Minkah played out of position often for some reason. 

18 hours ago, rlon said:

I am going to go ahead and try predict the Steelers MVP…Joey Porter Jr. Lottery MVP pick = Nick Herbig.

I would agree with Porter, problem is they actually should get legit  QB play and that usually wins.  Should be the first time in about 6 years with good QB play, Watt and Minkah have wasted all those years here IMO