Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

It’s not impossible. Dolphins are currently doing it while paying their QB. 

Dolphins are not paying TJ Watt.  It can be done because the Steelers do not have a QB but the issues is...they do not have a QB.  2 Wr making buck and no QB is tough on the team and the WR.

And the Dolphins are $63M over the cap next season.  and that is not the worst in the league.  Cleveland is $85 million over but that is not #1.  New Orleans is $101M over the cap next season.

Edited by jebrick

https://x.com/dillybar2145/status/1820597885861269674?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Mike Garafolo (NFL Network) on a possible Brandon Aiyuk trade:

“I’m not gonna go very far because I know as soon as I take out this earpiece and unhook the mic it’s gonna happen—-but no, still nothing—We will let you know WHEN it happens.”

Aiyuk is being traded…

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/dillybar2145/status/1820597885861269674?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Mike Garafolo (NFL Network) on a possible Brandon Aiyuk trade:

“I’m not gonna go very far because I know as soon as I take out this earpiece and unhook the mic it’s gonna happen—-but no, still nothing—We will let you know WHEN it happens.”

Aiyuk is being traded…

A couple of local DMV guys are talking about it with connections to the commanders and they said they’re hearing that Lynch keeps trying to change the terms. 

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

A couple of local DMV guys are talking about it with connections to the commanders and they said they’re hearing that Lynch keeps trying to change the terms. 

Not hard to imagine when you consider how massive of a trade this is and dealing with Omar Kahn.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know this wasn't to me, but I would have just signed a backup RT in FA that they'd trust. 

That’s what I would have preferred. If you knew you wanted Jones at LT and you knew Moore wasn’t flexible, and you knew you wanted to target OL…why not prepare for the situation? 

But I also think they should have told Moore in his exit interview (and especially at the end of the draft) that the writings on the wall — your best chance is RT. Better for his chances to hang onto a starting role this season, better for his free agent opportunity, better for his long term lifespan on NFL rosters. It doesn’t matter if it’s what he wants or not. Doesn’t matter if he has been a “hard worker”. It’s what’s sensible for him to try. Once Moore loses the fake grip on LT, his roster value tanks because you need to move two to replace 1 in injury. 

If you gave him all off-season to work on it and 3-4 weeks in camp as the “starting RT” (Troy’s ramp up period) and Troy can’t start and Moore can’t play RT — you already know what you have in him at LT. Hell, you were comfortable giving Jones 4 days of practice at RT before starting him last season. But at least you would have been setting Jones up for his best outcome by telling Dan Moore the jig is up and tried to develop your young OL on the right path.

I mean, war shared a direct quote from the OL coach saying it’s “ideal” to settle young guys at one spot. So we can’t do what they believe is BEST for our young players solely because of one of the worst graded/rated LTs the last two years…

it’s just unfathomable to me that the development of the young guys is less important than holding on to Dan Moores fake starting role. They had a few avenues to this and IMO, they chose the worst one. But, I know that’s only my opinion…

Oh look! Another article sharing the opinion that I and I alone hold:

https://steelersnow.com/bell-steelers-plan-for-broderick-jones-doesnt-make-sense/

• Like 1

And another thought is that if Cams $$ is holding up a Aiyuk deal and not the draft compensation…then they deserve to have a few more middling seasons.

That just be plain idiotic.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Honestly, I’ve been in on the rumors until the Berry post. The fantasy guy is just trying to pick up some cheap Pickens assets while folks look the other way at the shiny object. 

It was real until then. 

19 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Honestly, I’ve been in on the rumors until the Berry post. The fantasy guy is just trying to pick up some cheap Pickens assets while folks look the other way at the shiny object. 

It was real until then. 

Not gonna lie, that’s a huge stretch. Anything Berry could possibly gain by “cheap Pickens shares” is a small fraction of what he has to lose from attaching his name to a twitter rumor that has no legs. 

• Like 1