Jets DE Haason Reddick not reporting to camp over his contract

Steelersfan43

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think that's a bold face lie by the media and or Jets FO. If Hassan was fine playing on the last year of the deal from the jump...., He'd still be a Philadelphia Eagle.

At No Point do I believe it was ever agreed upon, I'd play for that salary in 2024!!!

Could he have said I'll show up to OTA's/TC if a deal for whatever the GD reason isn't reached way before then, sure. 

The fact a deal wasn't reached or agreed upon before the trade occurred, Falls squarely and entirely on Joe Douglas's shoulders. 

None if this is on Reddick,  sorry!

It’s possible, sure. Cimini is…Cimini. Not exactly a guy that would go out of his way to defend the Jets, lol. I don’t really see any reason to necessarily assume this is a lie for any reason other than it not fitting what you may or may not want to be the case. It’s not like there’s conflicting reports or anyone has come out and refuted it. 

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think that's a bold face lie by the media and or Jets FO. If Hassan was fine playing on the last year of the deal from the jump...., He'd still be a Philadelphia Eagle.

My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle.  My guess is the Jets told Reddick to show up to camp, and if there wasn't any issue that they'd work on a long-term deal for him and Reddick probably wasn't happy when they weren't negotiating prior to him showing up.

On 8/12/2024 at 3:21 PM, Soko said:

If the reporting is to be believed, the Jets are actually handling this well. Yeah, it’s “lol jets” territory, but it sounds like Reddick is the one who is backing off from his word. Sacking up and acting like a FO should be a breath of fresh air for a team that’s been dog walked by Rodgers the last two offseasons.

Explains why Reddick’s never settled anywhere despite being one of the most productive pass rushers in the league.

I mean, trading for a guy who was vocally unhappy about his contract situation without a plan in place to address that issue is certainly a decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, trading for a guy who was vocally unhappy about his contract situation without a plan in place to address that issue is certainly a decision.

I’m just gonna jump in the “let’s completely ignore reporting” boat here, lol. Appears to be the common theme, why fight the current.

lol jets

It does feel like best practices to, before trading for a player, reach out to his representation and figure out what kind of work would need to be done on the contract and to get as much of that figured out before you turn the trade into the NFL.

Like there might be situations where a guy should be happy to be in his new situation for the near term and the contract can wait for a bit, but these are the Jets we're talking about.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

How many players were traded twice in one offseason, never playing for the first?

The only remotely similar thing I can think of was Eric Dickerson being traded twice in 93 but he ended up never playing for the Packers if I recall.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It really is mind boggling the approach the Jets FO has taken since they traded for Reddick. 

Marcus Spears had a very good and frankly appropriate response to the entire situation.   

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/tQW74nXGb2DfiRqN/?mibextid=jmPrMh

I mean it’s been actually reported that Reddick said he would show up on the current deal. If this wasn’t true and the Jets are negotiating in bad faith, how come we haven’t heard a peep about it from his camp or agent?

I think it was a stupid move to even engage with this player in the first place. If Douglas thought he could rent him for the cheap for a year it was a bad plan. Even worse if he actually wanted to give him a big multi year deal given all the young guys the Jets are about to have to pay.

On 8/16/2024 at 7:50 PM, Soko said:

Are we all fading Atlanta’s FO for doing the exact same thing lol

If Judon doesn't show up and holds out into the regular season, absolutely.  

I doubt either occurs. I'm not saying Judon is getting absurd Bosa type money but I bet he gets a contract here shortly in the next week or so.  I bet a conversation with Him and his agent occured before they completed the trade asking for the ball park $$$ as to what it would take to make him happy? 

Something I 100% guarantee you wasn't asked to Reddick or his Agent in early FA before other pass rushers were traded for, resigned and signed.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Judon doesn't show up and holds out into the regular season, absolutely.  

I doubt either occurs. I'm not saying Judon is getting absurd Bosa type money but I bet he gets a contract here shortly in the next week or so.  I bet a conversation with Him and his agent occured before they completed the trade asking for the ball park $$$ as to what it would take to make him happy? 

Something I 100% guarantee you wasn't asked to Reddick or his Agent in early FA before other pass rushers were traded for, resigned and signed.

Plenty of assumptions in this post without much backing it. Reportedly a new deal for Judon isn’t imminent, and isn’t close.

The only substantial difference here is that, although Judon’s been a malcontent, he’s been practicing in NE. Reddick was traded for in the offseason, so obviously the only thing the Jets had to work with as far as commitment goes was whatever talks they had with him. Other than that, both teams traded for pass rushers without a deal, that have been vocal about not being happy in their current contracts and wanting a new deal.

Any guarantee about conversations that did/didn’t happen between one party and not the other is worth about the amount we paid for it. Zilch.