2024 Eagles Training Camp

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Covey is 100% making this team lol dude has established himself as an elite returner.

The only way he doesn't is if they think they can stash him on the practice squad again for a few games but I don't think that will be the case. He hasn't made the initial 53 once yet, but I think he finally does this year.

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The only way he doesn't is if they think they can stash him on the practice squad again for a few games but I don't think that will be the case. He hasn't made the initial 53 once yet, but I think he finally does this year.

Yeah he's getting claimed if they try that again.  Especially with the new kickoff rules.

On 8/3/2024 at 3:17 PM, CasperX22 said:

He's in danger of not making the team.

For some reason I thought he signed a bigger contract than he did. Yeah, he's getting cut almost certainly. They keep giving Bret Toth reps over him at guard. McMahon is getting the second string center reps. They've signed a bunch of other IOL since him as well. 

2 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

For some reason I thought he signed a bigger contract than he did. Yeah, he's getting cut almost certainly. They keep giving Bret Toth reps over him at guard. McMahon is getting the second string center reps. They've signed a bunch of other IOL since him as well. 

To be fair, by all accounts both Toth and McMahon are having good camps.  Toth has apparently also improved his shotgun snapping and getting center reps also.  

Mailata, Dickerson, Jergens, Steen, Lane, Becton, McMahon, Keegan, Johnson, Toth

Are who they keep if they keep 10 currently.  Keegan and McMahon potentially inactive on game days.  Kinnard is making a push to make the team as well.

McKee starting to make a push is also nice to see.  Could have a solid battle going on for QB2.

38 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

To be fair, by all accounts both Toth and McMahon are having good camps.  Toth has apparently also improved his shotgun snapping and getting center reps also.  

Mailata, Dickerson, Jergens, Steen, Lane, Becton, McMahon, Keegan, Johnson, Toth

Are who they keep if they keep 10 currently.  Keegan and McMahon potentially inactive on game days.  Kinnard is making a push to make the team as well.

McKee starting to make a push is also nice to see.  Could have a solid battle going on for QB2.

I think all but Toth are locks to make the 53 man roster. I agree Kinnard and Toth are currently in the running for that 10th spot. Toth has been hanging around in the periphery of this team for like a decade so part of me feels he deserves the spot if he wins it but the other half me knows that Kinnard is younger and therefore represents better value and a higher ceiling long term than Toth. 

I thought McKee was impressive last year and looked like a better passer than Mariota (although, that's not a high bar to surpass). It's nice to have a capable backup QBs during preseason so you can actually get a feel for the young skill players. It makes preseason games way more enjoyable. Watching guys like Matt McGloin is just unbearable. 

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Johnny Wilson could be the remedy for Hurts's middle of the field aversion. Such a big target in the middle might make up for any possible visibility issues or at least be a safety blanket there. 

If Kellen Moore really does want to put AJ and Devonta in the slot a lot more then a guy like Johnny Wilson might make it easier for that to happen in this offense. Big target on the outside. Not to mention he should be a beast in blocking down the field. Hope we get to see a lot of him in the preseason.

Im just glad we took Wilson, the tos the kid has are unreal, so long as he has a good head on his shoulders I can't imagine how he doesn't at least have a role on this team for the next 4 years at least

Kellen's offense if indeed we are incorporating his scheme will be the difference for Hurts throwing over the middle. It's a huge part of Kellen's philosophy. Crosses, slants, quick throws,  ect.

I'm not suggesting Sirianni's didn't (Stiechen 2022),  but it was clear as day in 2023 it was a All or Nothing approach. Taking deep shots, long developing 20-30 yd route concepts, nothing quick, rarely would we see quick slants despite the fact when we did, AJ and Smitty always had success. 🤷‍♂️

Someone is taking over the Lamb/Allen role in Moore's offense. That player isn't a Rookie or Retread! I promise. Who that #3/4 becomes, who knows.

AJ - Smitty - Wilson 

Wilson - AJ - Smitty

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Johnny Wilson could be the remedy for Hurts's middle of the field aversion. Such a big target in the middle might make up for any possible visibility issues or at least be a safety blanket there. 

Isn't that what Goedert is supposed to be? That said if he wins out the #3 I expect a slot of looks where Smitty lines up in the slot.  I expect a lot of that anyway, but Smith is going to eat guys up inside with his route running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Im just glad we took Wilson, the tos the kid has are unreal, so long as he has a good head on his shoulders I can't imagine how he doesn't at least have a role on this team for the next 4 years at least

He will definitely have a role in the red zone.  His size and catch radius will be a problem in jump ball situations.  He also gives them another big body in goal line situations to block.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If Johnny Wilson can just contribute anything this year that is a big win in my books lol. 

Let's be real. If any WR can remotely have a impact, remotely give Defenses something,  anything to think of other then hands of stone Quez Watkins! 

It's an upgrade!

Edited by Nabbs4u