2024 Eagles Training Camp

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm expecting him to make more in free agency than what we're going to want to pay him. 

I disagree.  He doesn't have the stats to back up demanding a top of market deal.  Extension will get done and Howie will give him "starter" money.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I disagree.  He doesn't have the stats to back up demanding a top of market deal.  Extension will get done and Howie will give him "starter" money.

Stats are overblown. He's finally going to be able to get a full workload as a starter, and he's going to be playing under Fangio and there's a very good chance he has a fantastic contract year like TJ Edwards.

You're looking at him as he is now I think, rather than thinking about how he's going to be viewed in about 6 months.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're looking at him as he is now I think, rather than thinking about how he's going to be viewed in about 6 months.

Flipside to that coin Danger is, Howie is known for locking players up before FA. This FO was the team who chose to take the chance on a suspended player for an entire year?

If Rodgers is balling out, why wouldn't both try to get a deal done in season? Like every player, the earlier you sign the more stability you have. 

Rodgers isn't guaranteed to stay healthy a full 17-20 gms? What if he balled out all year and suffered a major injury before seasons end? He getting that pay day?

I'd be shocked if he does play well the first 2 months (still to be determined) if Howie didn't pounce!

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Stats are overblown. He's finally going to be able to get a full workload as a starter, and he's going to be playing under Fangio and there's a very good chance he has a fantastic contract year like TJ Edwards.

Not only that but Fangio just admitted he wanted the dolphins to trade for him. The league sees trade value in a 25 year old DT, who knew. If he hits FA hes going to make more money than people think, same with Isaiah Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Flipside to that coin Danger is, Howie is known for locking players up before FA. This FO was the team who chose to take the chance on a suspended player for an entire year?

If Rodgers is balling out, why wouldn't both try to get a deal done in season? Like every player, the earlier you sign the more stability you have. 

Rodgers isn't guaranteed to stay healthy a full 17-20 gms? What if he balled out all year and suffered a major injury before seasons end? He getting that pay day?

I'd be shocked if he does play well the first 2 months (still to be determined) if Howie didn't pounce!

If players like Rodgers or Milton are having career years then they very well could just bet on themselves to stay healthy and make it FA where they would make way more money than what Howie would be willing to offer them midway through the season. 

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

3 Very Young High Talent Players on Really Low Deals. Your not Keeping 1 of Ringo / DeJean / Mitchell on the bench...Rodgers will sign a huge deal n we'll get a 3rd / 4th comp pick

Bryce Huff himself is a great example of this. The guy has had 1 good season, which was his contract year, and the Eagles gave him $51 million in 3 years. You dont have to be a pro bowler. You just have to show a flash of what you're capable of at the right time of your young career and teams will bet on youth and development. If Rodgers and Milton do this, and they bet on themselves by hitting FA instead of taking a cheaper extension from Howie, then they'll make a lot more money. 

Edited by UndyTaker

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'm expecting him to be extended by November.

• Like 1

Bordom Hypothetical Discussion - 

Kellen Moore's Offense balls out this season...Would obviously bring us back to the Steichen Situation, as there is almost a 100% chance Moore would get a HC gig and would leave us with Sirianni.

If Possible, Would the move to be separate with Sirianni and promote Moore? or do we allow Moore to become a HC next year somewhere else? 

Even being successful, Could that be a possibility? Like if Hurts/Sirianni Don't get the connection going and Hurts and Moore and fully in sync? 

I know its all hypothetical but got nothing else discussion wise going on.  

53 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Bordom Hypothetical Discussion - 

Kellen Moore's Offense balls out this season...Would obviously bring us back to the Steichen Situation, as there is almost a 100% chance Moore would get a HC gig and would leave us with Sirianni.

If Possible, Would the move to be separate with Sirianni and promote Moore? or do we allow Moore to become a HC next year somewhere else? 

Even being successful, Could that be a possibility? Like if Hurts/Sirianni Don't get the connection going and Hurts and Moore and fully in sync? 

I know its all hypothetical but got nothing else discussion wise going on.  

If that's the case, I hope that for once Howie works in retaining an assistant coach, like the 49ers, Cowboys or Lions have done. It has always been weird to me how he never tried to. Granted, you can't be the HC/GM that doesn't let their people grow, but offer them something to try to stay for an extra year. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

If that's the case, I hope that for once Howie works in retaining an assistant coach, like the 49ers, Cowboys or Lions have done. It has always been weird to me how he never tried to. Granted, you can't be the HC/GM that doesn't let their people grow, but offer them something to try to stay for an extra year. 

So what would you want to happen? 

Separate from Sirianni and promote Moore? 

Let Moore Walk

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

What I said, I hope Howie tries to retain his OC like some other teams do. 

Moore ain't staying if he's offered a HC gig and we only offer to up his salary and keep him at OC. 
So, Are you moving on from Sirianni then to retain him?