Patriots extend S Jabrill Peppers (3 years, $24M)

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Good to hear that he's finally figured it out. Wasn't anything special on the Browns or Giants.

If PFF is your speed: 5th rated safety overall (87.3), 2nd rated safety in run defense (90.7), 8th in coverage (83.2), led the league (for safeties) at passer rating allowed in the slot (42.3). 

If PFF isn’t your speed: trust me, bro 

• Like 2

Quietly played like a top 8 Safety last season. Enforcer on the field and leader in the locker room. He's also so damn good with the press FWIW. Glad he's finally found his niche with the Patriots and got paid. Well deserved.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Good to hear that he's finally figured it out. Wasn't anything special on the Browns or Giants.

He was actually pretty solid for us during his second season after being used horribly his rookie year.

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

He was actually pretty solid for us during his second season after being used horribly his rookie year.

He seems like a limited player, but does extremely well in that role. Am I wrong on that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 12:06 PM, Soko said:

If PFF is your speed: 5th rated safety overall (87.3), 2nd rated safety in run defense (90.7), 8th in coverage (83.2), led the league (for safeties) at passer rating allowed in the slot (42.3). 

If PFF isn’t your speed: trust me, bro 

I don't follow PFF however what was Duggers  rating. I want to see the reason he got 14 mil and Peppers got 8.

I don't see Duggar worth that much more than Pepper. IM0 Pepper is the better player

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

I don't follow PFF however what was Duggers  rating. I want to see the reason he got 14 mil and Peppers got 8.

I don't see Duggar worth that much more than Pepper. IM0 Pepper is the better player

Dugger was at a 61.7 last season, with a career low in coverage at 50 (was over 70 the two seasons prior). 79.6 run defense grade. 

Agreed, Peppers outplayed Dugger last season