Tua Secures the Bag - 4 year extension

Trentwannabe

The dolphins alternative to paying tua was....? draft a new QB? with what pick? 

Yeah worth it and smart from him to get more guaranteed with his injury issues.

Hawk Tua rises again. Hopefully he can fly in cold weather this time.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

The caveat here is keeping Tyreek in the fold for the same duration. Problem though is Tyreek isn't taking anything south of Justin Jefferson at this point. And the team will be crippled financially within a few seasons when 45% of the payroll is tied to 2 players...

I just don't believe in Tua as a player. I think he's a slightly above average starter that's propped up by coaching and the talent around him. I didn't have too much of an issue with players like Goff and Lawrence getting paid because I believe those players can play well enough in key spots to get their respective teams deep in the playoffs, whereas I just think Tua is too physically limited as a player for that to be the case for him. This deal effectively caps the Dolphins ceiling for the next few years.

• Like 1

That’s a lot of money for Tua turn the ball ova. 

I would like to see these Hawaiians guys like Tua, Troy and puka start a foundation to buy land. They always talk about it. And I actually wonder if they do. Keep their culture and traditions alive. Would be a great cause! That’s life changing money he’ll never spend. Congrats to Tua. I’m a Tua guy. He gets a lot of hate but he’s gotten better and better under Mcdaniels. Not bad for a guy with mad concussion issues and his NFL career was once held as an unknown. 

7 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

So QB’s don’t get franchise tagged anymore?  

Much like the NBA deals. Franchise tag kinda dying. It’s better to negotiate and lock up money. I don’t think he was getting paid outside mia. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

He’s a shorter, more injury prone, younger, left handed Kirk Cousins.

There, I said it.

He reminds me more of Goff under McVay. When it’s good it’s good. When it’s not good it’s ugly. To his credit no one was beating the chiefs last year though. If I’m Miami I’m trying to unload Tyreek before a payday. Get some return for that investment. 

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I would like to see these Hawaiians guys like Tua, Troy and puka start a foundation to buy land. They always talk about it. And I actually wonder if they do. Keep their culture and traditions alive

I've heard of a place. They call it Hawaii. 

11 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

So QB’s don’t get franchise tagged anymore?  

They can’t tag him. They’re projected over the cap for 2025.

With this extension, his Year 1 (2025) cap hit is probably pretty low, as most deals balloon up towards the end - especially if there are guarantees that toll as the years go on. If they tagged him, they’d have to eat $40M+ right away, effectively tying them up completely for the offseason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

I've heard of a place. They call it Hawaii. 

A lot of them have had to move because it’s the most expensive city and place to live in the US. Puka talked about having to more for that reason to Vegas and Utah. They’re getting pushed away by the corporate giants.

its happening to Puerto Rico right now. A lot of big corporations are moving there and setting up base due to the tax breaks. Forcing people out their living homes. They’ve closed down schools as developers are buying land and making huge hotels. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I just don't believe in Tua as a player. I think he's a slightly above average starter that's propped up by coaching and the talent around him. I didn't have too much of an issue with players like Goff and Lawrence getting paid because I believe those players can play well enough in key spots to get their respective teams deep in the playoffs, whereas I just think Tua is too physically limited as a player for that to be the case for him. This deal effectively caps the Dolphins ceiling for the next few years.

Pretty much where I stand. At some point one of these teams who possess any semblance of an average QB needs to put their foot down and stop overpricing the market. Do they honestly think it's a flex?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Pretty much where I stand. At some point one of these teams who possess any semblance of an average QB needs to put their foot down and stop overpricing the market. Do they honestly think it's a flex?

The cap keeps going up. Same thing is happening in the nba. 3-4 option guys are getting 40 million a year avg. OG just signed for the knicks at 5 years 212.. he isn’t anywhere near that and he’s super injury prone. This is just the reflection of the cap. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t get the Tua fascination at all. He’s got elite weapons, guys are schemed open, the medical red flags are enormous, he’s absolutely horrendous in cool/cold weather, and against quality opponents he’s mediocre at best.

I don’t get it.

Who fascinates over him?

Outside of Dak(& I mainly think it’s because he’s a Cowboy), he catches the most flack out of every QB in the league.

• Like 2