Around the League 2024

dll2000

11 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Baltimore being hammered for their OTs lining up in the backfield but KC with Jawaan Taylor not so much...no doubt in my mind the "Arrowhead home field advantage" is coming into play with these refs hahaha 

I feel like this was way overblown. Taylor's head was on Humphrey's hip nearly every snap. Stanley' head was lining up on the shoulder of the guard who was lined up on the hip of the Center when they were calling it. 

Tayor's thing is the early get off which is much more of a judgement call than when they can see where you are lined up and settling into your stance. 

Yes they were heavy handed on it last night. It happens every year in this game. But Stanley kept trying to sneak back further. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Tayor's thing is the early get off which is much more of a judgement call than when they can see where you are lined up and settling into your stance. 

It’s been a thing his whole career. The league must like him because for years you can see his get off is before the snap a lot of the time and they do nothing about it. 

but honestly, if he’s not getting the allowance to get off ahead of schedule he’s a pretty subpar tackle. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 11:27 PM, soulman said:

Pride goeth before the fall.  It seems we lucked out.

How many times have we lucked out by something falling through when we’re trying for something really dumb 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I feel like this was way overblown. Taylor's head was on Humphrey's hip nearly every snap. Stanley' head was lining up on the shoulder of the guard who was lined up on the hip of the Center when they were calling it. 

Yes they were heavy handed on it last night. It happens every year in this game. But Stanley kept trying to sneak back further. 

To me the bigger officiating issues last night were elsewhere (I’m fine getting rid of the super deep OT pre-snap sets and this is the only way to do it):

-The timeout they allowed Spags to call (shouldn’t have given it to them and I believe can be assessed a DOG penalty)

-The BS roughing the passer call on the first drive of the 3Q on Madubuike  where he didn’t hit Mahomes late or in the head/knee that took what should’ve been a 3rd and 20 from the 30 made it 1st down at the 15 on a drive that eventually became a TD

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

It’s been a thing his whole career. The league must like him because for years you can see his get off is before the snap a lot of the time and they do nothing about it. 

but honestly, if he’s not getting the allowance to get off ahead of schedule he’s a pretty subpar tackle. 

Im not positive on the Ref's instructions here, but if its anything like what it is with the play clock (i.e. see the infraction, THEN check if the ball is snapped) they will never catch him, its that close. He is kicking as the ball is still in the center's hands nearly every play, but the ball has technically been snapped. He does false start at times, but mostly its a trick of the eye since the ball isnt yet in the air on the way to the QB. And really you only see it on the TV view, down on the field it is not the same thing as you have a better view of the snap.

Sure, if they would call it, and Taylor had to adjust, he wouldnt be as good. But they dont call it, and he has figured out the timing close enough that its not clearly an infraction every play. It just another spot a player has found an edge.

Again, one is a judgment call and the other is a clear alignment call, one that they put emphasis on this offseason

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

-The timeout they allowed Spags to call (shouldn’t have given it to them and I believe can be assessed a DOG penalty)

Im pretty sure the official that Spags was calling the TO to did not grant him that. It was the back judge that gave it (I think to Reid) behind the play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

All Stanley had to do was bend a little and lean his head in to be compliant.  He kept standing too straight.  

That is sour grapes.  It's his own fault.

Taylor had at least one bad call go against him too on a false start that wasn't.

Bottom line is Lamar Jackson had a lot of inaccurate passes in that game.  Which is kind of his MO.

He gives a lot with his legs, but just isn't that accurate.   A lot of people like to say that isn't true, that he is this great passer, but I don't know who they are watching. He has a strong arm, but it is wild a lot of time.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

All Stanley had to do was bend a little and lean his head in to be compliant.  He kept standing too straight.  

They kept telling him (and Harbaugh) what he needed to do and he just refused to change. You can think they are being too picky or that they are wrong even, but once they tell you, thats now clearly their fault

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i dont know what baltimore is seeing and complaining about - that foot looked clearly OOB

100% Out, there is no argument to be had

• Like 1