2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Hard when he's doubled most plays .. He's unlikely to make that 1,000 this year .. Also, That's when interceptions happen if you try to force feed a guy . AND seems Jayden isn't really all that concerned about it. He said gotta spread the ball around and do what we do ( I assume run the ball ) Don't think he sees his job as just feeding Terry M .. Imagine that .

Edited by RSkinGM
new info

On 9/20/2024 at 1:31 PM, RSkinGM said:

Hard when he's doubled most plays .. He's unlikely to make that 1,000 this year .. Also, That's when interceptions happen if you try to force feed a guy . AND seems Jayden isn't really all that concerned about it. He said gotta spread the ball around and do what we do ( I assume run the ball ) Don't think he sees his job as just feeding Terry M .. Imagine that .

Terry has been doubled or had safeties shade to his side since after week 1 when he & Kennan torched the Eagles deep in 2019. Our Former OC’s and QBs found ways to get him the ball. Kliff and Jayden need to learn that Terry can beat people on 50/50 balls and they need to give him chances to make plays like every other OC/QB we've had since 2019 has done. Jayden has to also learn that open in the NFL is a lot less open than what college was too. It's a process. I expect it to happen as the games, months and seasons go on in Jayden’s career.

Jayden still has more development to do in the passing game and he needs to trust that his receivers can make plays for him even in tight window throws or 50/50 balls. It's a process for Jayden and I expect our passing game to improve month over month this season.

Hopefully by November or December our passing game with our wide receivers is where we want it to be and Jayden is throwing for 250-300 plus yards a game.

Edited by turtle28

2 of the names reported as WR's we could trade for D. Adams & Diontae Johnson.

I do not want Johnson btw. 28, short & wants a new deal. No thank you.

I would MUCH rather have Adams who's 31, Hall of Famer & has had well over 1100 yards with bad QB's.

But apparently, it's being reported by respectable sources that we're interested in possibly trading for a WR before the trade deadline.

Who else out there, could we be targeting?

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe the issue is Joe Whitt?

I don't think so. Whitt is running Quinn’s defense which has been successful everywhere Dan & Whitt have gone. Allen & Payne have only played 2 games in a new defensive scheme with new DEs next to them & LBs behind them.

The entire defense needs to do a lot of gelling as a unit and needs to gel into the scheme. I expect our run defense to get better as the season goes on but, I don't expect our secondary to get much better.

Our corners aren't going to magically get better, they just aren't good enough and I think Chinn is better off playing OLB and not safety. I'd rather see Forrest out there at S next to Martin instead of Chinn.

Edited by turtle28

On 9/21/2024 at 2:37 PM, aceinthehouse said:

2 of the names reported as WR's we could trade for D. Adams & Diontae Johnson.

I do not want Johnson btw. 28, short & wants a new deal. No thank you.

I would MUCH rather have Adams who's 31, Hall of Famer & has had well over 1100 yards with bad QB's.

But apparently, it's being reported by respectable sources that we're interested in possibly trading for a WR before the trade deadline.

Who else out there, could we be targeting?

Johnson fits your timeline with Daniels much better.  I’d rather have neither, but if you made me pick, Johnson.  

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'd like to have Tee Higgins and there's no reason the for the Bengals to hold onto him now. See if you can spin that third you got for Dotson and grab Higgins and work out a new deal. 

He's worth a lot more than a 3rd round pick. 

• Xavien Howard
  • Patrick Peterson
  • J.C. Jackson
  • Keion Crossen
  • Eli Apple
  • Chandon Sullivan
  • Jalen Mills
  • Aaron Robinson
  • Jerry Jacobs
  • Michael Ojemudia
  • Parry Nickerson
  • C.J. Henderson