2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

On 9/25/2024 at 12:33 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Since our defense is historically bad, which I posted in the Arizona game day thread.

How would you feel about just wiping the slate clean for a rebuild on Defense & trading Payne &/or Allen for draft picks.

Obviously, keep our young rookies for the rebuild of course.

But I believe our Defense needs a complete makeover, which will have to wait till next years draft.

I think next years draft will need to be Heavily Defensive. (Plus Defensive Free Agents)

It's just god awful.

Obviously, sprinkle in some Offensive players, too. Like O-line, WR.

Depends on what our record is at the trade deadline.

I agree that next offseason in the draft and FA we should focus mostly on the defense except for OT & hopefully upgrading #2 WR depending on what Noah Brown & McCaffery show the rest of the year.

On 9/26/2024 at 9:33 PM, turtle28 said:

Depends on what our record is at the trade deadline.

I agree that next offseason in the draft and FA we should focus mostly on the defense except for OT & hopefully upgrading #2 WR depending on what Noah Brown & McCaffery show the rest of the year.

For me, it’s still WR at the top of the list.

We probably have better options there in the guys you named than we do at places like CB and EDGE. But what’s going to make this team special is #5, and a second guy he can trust to win at every level is the thing I think will unlock greatness for him. Especially if it’s a guy who can also do some damage after the catch. Game changing speed on the perimeter would make this offense so incredibly difficult to defend.

As much as we probably hate to think about it, Terry probably only has a couple more seasons as a real WR1. I think he has the savvy (and the pure speed) to continue to contribute as he gets into “old age” status for WRs, but we’ll need someone who can take over as the top target. Would love to have that player locked down, especially for cheap, as Jayden continues to grow.

I certainly wouldn’t force it, because (as you correctly point out) we definitely have other premium needs. If the best guy in the draft (or in FA) is an OT or CB or pass rusher, pull the trigger on that guy. But my best case scenario would be a guy who can give us a Nabers/Jefferson type danger player on the outside.

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

For me, it’s still WR at the top of the list.

We probably have better options there in the guys you named than we do at places like CB and EDGE. But what’s going to make this team special is #5, and a second guy he can trust to win at every level is the thing I think will unlock greatness for him. Especially if it’s a guy who can also do some damage after the catch. Game changing speed on the perimeter would make this offense so incredibly difficult to defend.

As much as we probably hate to think about it, Terry probably only has a couple more seasons as a real WR1. I think he has the savvy (and the pure speed) to continue to contribute as he gets into “old age” status for WRs, but we’ll need someone who can take over as the top target. Would love to have that player locked down, especially for cheap, as Jayden continues to grow.

I certainly wouldn’t force it, because (as you correctly point out) we definitely have other premium needs. If the best guy in the draft (or in FA) is an OT or CB or pass rusher, pull the trigger on that guy. But my best case scenario would be a guy who can give us a Nabers/Jefferson type danger player on the outside.

I see #2 WR as a free agency play. I want us to go with best player available still in R1 except for QB & I dont like taking guards or centers in the top 15 if we end up there still.

I wonder what the cost for Davante Adams would be? I wonder if you could get him for a conditional 3rd? I really do not like his age or contract however. While I'm more inclined to wait on Tee Higgins I don't think it would hurt to find out what the cost would be

On 9/29/2024 at 10:19 AM, turtle28 said:

I see #2 WR as a free agency play. I want us to go with best player available still in R1 except for QB & I dont like taking guards or centers in the top 15 if we end up there still.

Maybe another generational pass rusher will fall to us . BTW I see he's recorded half a sack in 4 games . On pace for 2 sacks on the season . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder what the cost for Davante Adams would be? I wonder if you could get him for a conditional 3rd? I really do not like his age or contract however. While I'm more inclined to wait on Tee Higgins I don't think it would hurt to find out what the cost would be

Supply and demand, and I think we're on the wrong side. Not even worried about cap ramifications (since teams always seem to figure that out), you have the Chiefs, Jets, Patriots (since they apparently went for Aiyuk), Steelers (same thing) probably all asking. Pats don't make sense but I'll keep them in since it's a long term play.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Supply and demand, and I think we're on the wrong side. Not even worried about cap ramifications (since teams always seem to figure that out), you have the Chiefs, Jets, Patriots (since they apparently went for Aiyuk), Steelers (same thing) probably all asking. Pats don't make sense but I'll keep them in since it's a long term play.

And by wrong side, I just mean there should be some demand and thus a conditional 3rd is probably too light. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

His cap hit next year is $44M lol

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Chiefs getting Adams would be sick. I also like @lavar703 would inquire about the compensation. 

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's a problem for next year. We see it all the time with cap. 

And its the same hit the following season. I'm guessing we could renegotiate it but as of now that cap hit is a non-starter.  

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And its the same hit the following season. I'm guessing we could renegotiate it but as of now that cap hit is a non-starter.  

Ah I read wrong what you were implying it for (other teams). Yeah it's a big cap hit we would have to maneuver as well.