2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

25 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Im a little surprised. I guess they want guys who can play both G/T. From what I saw he didn’t look great at T. 

This does suck, I had hoped he could develop into a future back up G for us at least. I think given the injury they had to the other OT that they need more OTs than G’s right now. We’re pretty set first & 2nd team at G. 

We are not set on our reserve OTs & if Coleman can’t go in practice or for this preseason game, you need to bring in another OT.

Edited by turtle28

Speaking of Olinemen. Do you realize we signed a guy from the Chiefs, Nick Algretti who needs Tommy John surgery? He's playing with a completly torn UCL and a huge frekkin elbow brace  ! Really- why sign a wounded player? I read he can do his job just fine ( as I watched someone blow right past that braced up arm vs the Jets. ) No way that has full range/ strength. 

I just don't get it -Peters could have likely signed some other guard just as good with a fully working elbow ! Must be hard to lift weights without an attached UCL in your arm . 

19 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Speaking of Olinemen. Do you realize we signed a guy from the Chiefs, Nick Algretti who needs Tommy John surgery? He's playing with a completly torn UCL and a huge frekkin elbow brace  ! Really- why sign a wounded player? I read he can do his job just fine ( as I watched someone blow right past that braced up arm vs the Jets. ) No way that has full range/ strength. 

I just don't get it -Peters could have likely signed some other guard just as good with a fully working elbow ! Must be hard to lift weights without an attached UCL in your arm . 

I don’t really know how much that is needed or not with OL play but I trust Peters to make the right evaluation. I don’t even know who else we could’ve signed - or I can’t remember who was available - that would’ve been a better signing.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This seems extremely doubtful. If this is the case then how was Jahan able to make so many spectacular plays beating CBs to the ball in the air & how was he able to have 7 TDs in just 12 games as a rookie & follow it up with 4 his second year despite playing in a bad offense?

He has more TDs than Olave has over their 1st two season and Jahan has played in less games & had Terry playing opposite him taking a way a lot of targets unlike Olave. It’s not like Jahan has done nothing. 

Whoever wrote that it just seems like a personal opinion, without a quote from a coach I can’t put stock into that.

Also, we’ve had WRs in the past who are smaller and have issues with those things but we moved them around, or, we played them off the line of scrimmage so it was harder for CBs to jam them. There are things that can be done to help him get away from jams. 

The MB signing signal they are not happy with the WR corps. MB is a tall WR and Dotson certianly is not. So maybe they are looking for more hieght at WR. But the MB sigining should not be taken lightly. Granted he is 30+ but why would they sign 30+ WR.  He could possiby be cut also but they clearly are not happy with what they have and could possibly sign another WR and see what he has to offer also. Another thing we have a new coach and we know coaches have different type of players they like. Some like big, small etc.  So there is so some uncertainity here. 

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

The MB signing signal they are not happy with the WR corps. MB is a tall WR and Dotson certianly is not. So maybe they are looking for more hieght at WR. But the MB sigining should not be taken lightly. Granted he is 30+ but why would they sign 30+ WR.  He could possiby be cut also but they clearly are not happy with what they have and could possibly sign another WR and see what he has to offer also. Another thing we have a new coach and we know coaches have different type of players they like. Some like big, small etc.  So there is so some uncertainity here. 

Dude come on. Bryant has been out of the league for 6 years. If that signing says something about our receiver corp then we’re in big trouble 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

Signing Bryant was just to see if they could get lightning in a bottle with an old vet. It very likely doesn’t move the needle. It had nothing to do with Dotson. They’re just taking a chance that maybe Bryant can capture some old form from Newley a decade ago.

Do you honestly think that sends a message to our #2 WR? 

They're looking for a true #2 WR who is big, athletic & can block.

Can not only stay in the game for the deep ball & take the top off a defense, but who can block in an audible to run.

That's why the 49ers are a great team. Their WR's can do it all.

11 hours ago, 4209 said:

Been saying they need more height for 15 years, but it hasn’t ever been addressed.  It’s wild.  

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

They're looking for a true #2 WR who is big, athletic & can block.

Can not only stay in the game for the deep ball & take the top off a defense, but who can block in an audible to run.

That's why the 49ers are a great team. Their WR's can do it all.

I don't think Deebo Samuel takes the top off a defense too often, if ever. He's more like a bigger/stronger version of Curtis Samuel. The 49ers are very balanced, that's why their offense is good. Defenses never know what's coming.

I have seen our top 2 WRs take the tops off defenses and make tough catches too. 

Also, Aiyuk, Deebo & Terry are all the same height and Terry weighs 10 pounds more than Aiyuk, but Deebo weighs 5 more pounds than Terry. Deebo plays WR like a running back, similar to how Garcon did.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Been saying they need more height for 15 years, but it hasn’t ever been addressed.  It’s wild.  

It's easier said than done. We've all been saying that. I guess if you don't really try to draft tall WRs though then it’s hard to have one. 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

K C just won the SoperBowl again-- with mostly smurfs. Rice is 6'1".. the tallest of the starter types/ Height- that's what the T Es are far . right?

They obviously have Mahomes. I've always thought having a tall WR helps, but its certainly not a necessity like many fans make it out to be. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 9:08 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Im a little surprised. I guess they want guys who can play both G/T. From what I saw he didn’t look great at T. 

Good Ole Ron Rivera "position flex". If you can't be good at one position, then we'll make you bad at two. 

• Like 1