Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

12 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

That means nothing of his future with the team tbh. Either they plan to sign Pickens long term regardless of Aiyuk being here or they aren't signing Pickens long term and that's why they feel urgency at WR.

Yeah.   Pickens future with the team is completely in his own hands.    Either he earns their trust or he proves to be too much of a headcase to sign long term.

I wouldnt be shocked at all by either outcome.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yeah.   Pickens future with the team is completely in his own hands.    Either he earns their trust or he proves to be too much of a headcase to sign long term.

I wouldnt be shocked at all by either outcome.

I think he’s a sneaky candidate to get traded next offseason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Got to be honest. Read that really differently from you guys. I took it as Khan is willing to pay 2 WRs at the same time. 

Do you understand how it could also mean Pickens is out regardless?

Heard someone say it this way with how crazy the Niners are being if the deal really is just AAV $2mil apart:

They would need to trade from late 1 to early/mid 2 to afford Aiyuk next year. 

Just now, skywlker32 said:

Do you understand how it could also mean Pickens is out regardless?

Yea? It’s not like I said I didn’t understand that - just read it differently. 

Just now, warfelg said:

Yea? It’s not like I said I didn’t understand that - just read it differently. 

Yea, all I'm saying is that either outcome would mean he wasn't lying there essentially. It's a nothing comment ultimately.

17 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Yea, all I'm saying is that either outcome would mean he wasn't lying there essentially. It's a nothing comment ultimately.

Huh? I’m confused. I posted the tweet without giving any comment. Just said after others commented that I read is differently. I guess I’m confused as to the point your making here since I didn’t say I disagreed or felt like the report was a lie. 

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Huh? I’m confused. I posted the tweet without giving any comment. Just said after others commented that I read is differently. I guess I’m confused as to the point your making here since I didn’t say I disagreed or felt like the report was a lie. 

Saying you read it different certainly implies you understood it differently. Mostly making sure it's clear that the tweet means nothing ultimately.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

Saying you read it different certainly implies you understood it differently. Mostly making sure it's clear that the tweet means nothing ultimately.

That doesn’t mean I didn’t understand your standpoint though, so you made the assumption that I didn’t understand because my takeaway was different?

27 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Darius Slayton & the Giants would be somebody we could alternatively target. 

I always liked Slayton, and he has shown some glimpses of being big time. He burnt us nicely once as I recall. I wouldn't mind that as a fall back, but I wouldn't want to give up a day 2 pick.

2 minutes ago, rlon said:

I always liked Slayton, and he has shown some glimpses of being big time. He burnt us nicely once as I recall. I wouldn't mind that as a fall back, but I wouldn't want to give up a day 2 pick.

Yeah, no chance I'd give up a 2nd or 3rd for Slayton. If we don't get Aiyuk, I'd still like to pivot to Lockette. 

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, no chance I'd give up a 2nd or 3rd for Slayton. If we don't get Aiyuk, I'd still like to pivot to Lockette. 

Picketts just had his deal redone so unlikely to move. If this deal can’t be done I move one TBH. Go through with who we have. I think Aiyuk is an opportunity to add to what we have that would be nice, but adding a WR isn’t something we need.