Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

An interesting thing poking around Pats twitter now is that they are saying "thank god he didn't take our money, we don't want him anyways because of [checks notes] Javon Baker."

• Like 1

The Steelers out of everybody probably thread the needle the best with everything…winning, contract, long term sustainability etc etc.

49ers are of course currently the best shot to win now but he may think their cap situation in the next year or so(paying Purdy-Williams- etc etc) may start being an issue very soon plus the unknown of what they’re offering.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

An interesting thing poking around Pats twitter now is that they are saying "thank god he didn't take our money, we don't want him anyways because of [checks notes] Javon Baker."

And if he does not go to the Steelers, some will say " thank god we were not burdened with a diva and a big contract at the cost of <<insert player here>>"

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

And if he does not go to the Steelers, some will say " thank god we were not burdened with a diva and a big contract at the cost of <<insert player here>>"

It's not just their fans - it's their beat writers. 

Basically - it's funny that the same people yesterday celebrating, and talking about how great it is, and how they didn't have a WR1 or a leader are flipped now to he's not a WR1, he's not worth it, and their young guys will be some of the best in the league.

Edited by warfelg

50 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Then why not go to the Browns?  That is a playoff team that seems willing to pay him but he does not want to go there.

Because they do not have Mike Tomlin and maybe just maybe he does not want a sexual predator throwing him the ball. Also what have the Browns won lately? Until they win something the “Browns is the Browns.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

TBH, that as my attitude several months back, when many here were happy to throw our 2024 1st Rd pick at SF for him, but now that it's after the draft, and just a mere few weeks from before the season, and we are still looking at our best option of having Van Jefferson, or worse, as our #2, well my tune has changed somewhat. 

I don't like how he's approached this whole situation, but I guess I can understand that this is his best chance for a big payday, so it's not that big of a deal...but yeah, at this point, I'd want to bring him in.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like our 2025 2nd, Daniels, and CA III for Aiyuk, and maybe a 2025 5th coming back.  I might not even be upset if it turned into a 2025 1st, so long as we get, at worst, their 2025 3rd Rd Pick back, or something like that.

In essence, I won't be surprised if we see a better deal than most are thinking, especially if no other team comes into the mix.  The Pats are done, thee Browns can only offer an older WR back.  Daniels and CA III at least provide 2 young players with a lot of life/upside left to tap into...

Different sport but this reminds me of the Anthony Davis saga that landed him in LA. 

Everyone know what the Lakers would send, everyone know he wanted to be there, he told other teams he wouldn’t stay so don’t waste assets. It basically took Rich Paul telling the Pelicans he would never let a guy sign there if they didn’t do the deal to get it done. 

I feel that all around the offers are what they are going to me. Lynch will try to interest other teams and Aiyuk will say he wont sign. I think he ticked off the Commanders with this game and that’s why they’re out. I feel like Omar is incredibly patient And that’s why he’s still in. And I think Lynch tried to play his biggest “threats” of Pats (cap) and Browns (division rival where financials are questionable) and it didn’t work. So now it’s up to Aiyuk and his agent to make Lynch uncomfortable. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

Aiyuk

George 

Pat

Najee

Warren

and most importantly...a NFL OC calling plays...we might see a decent offense again 

I wonder if they did that, they could get Wilson or Fields to stay 3-4 years on a more team friendly deal because of the construction of the team. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I wonder if they did that, they could get Wilson or Fields to stay 3-4 years on a more team friendly deal because of the construction of the team. 

I stated that I thought theu would try to give Fields a Jordan love type extension(2 years ago) where it’s basically a 1 year tryout with a decentish amount of guaranteed $$$(think love got like $13 mill or so).

If they were to get Aiyuk, my guess is that they would have to decide on whether to pay Pickens long term as well or pay up draft capital wise for QB or make a run at Dak next offseason.

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

I stated that I thought theu would try to give Fields a Jordan love type extension(2 years ago) where it’s basically a 1 year tryout with a decentish amount of guaranteed $$$(think love got like $13 mill or so).

If they were to get Aiyuk, my guess is that they would have to decide on whether to pay Pickens long term as well or pay up draft capital wise for QB or make a run at Dak next offseason.

I think that's why the Love type extension of 3/$90mil with $70mil GTD would make sense for either of the QB's, then you can lock up Pickens long term and be in a great spot.