Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

Just now, warfelg said:

I think that's why the Love type extension of 3/$90mil with $70mil GTD would make sense for either of the QB's, then you can lock up Pickens long term and be in a great spot.

Wasn’t loves prove it deal from 2022 or 2023 only something like 2 years $26 mill or am I completely wrong?

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

Wasn’t loves prove it deal from 2022 or 2023 only something like 2 years $26 mill or am I completely wrong?

It was really a 1 year deal. It took over his 5th year option by adding $2MIL over the option and forwarding some money into his 4th year (last year).

I should clarify that when I say "Jordan Love type deal" I'm more referencing taking short term (2-3 years) at a team friendly cost that is basically a place holder to something bigger should they end up performing again at the level you expect out of them.

• Like 1

Just thought of this too - Niners still have the Trent Williams situation out there so I'm not sure slow playing this with that going on is great. The Pats tried to land Aiyuk, while the Judon contract situation was still out there. Heck even CeeDee Lamb is still sitting out there with not being at camp and getting fined for it for not getting a new contract.

I always find it interesting to see like us, with two guys who could/should be holding in, have them actively participating. Those couple of other situations out there. And Aiyuk is the only one we got news on at all. Like you would think that Lynch should want to settle Williams first to know what the cap looks like for doing that deal rather than get the Aiyuk deal done then worry about Williams, unless he really only wants picks. Judon - again, the Pats should look to lock him up then do the Aiyuk deal to say we take care of ours. And I'm sure CeeDee is just waiting on Aiyuk to know where his value lands.

I just dont see this happening.    Seems like alot of fluff and getting fans hopes up, but in the end methinks thats all it will ever be.

I have nothing against Aiyuk at all and wouldnt mind getting him, but its one of those "shiit or get off the pot" type things.  Been hearing the same things all offseason and nothings really changed.

I think he either stays with the 49ers this season or goes to a team thats not really being talked about.  Alot of supposed insiders are full of it, acting like they are privy to inside information when they dont know dic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I just dont see this happening.    Seems like alot of fluff and getting fans hopes up, but in the end methinks thats all it will ever be.

Oh it's happening. The 49ers FO is pretty awful at these things, and BA has no reason to budge

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

I have nothing against Aiyuk at all and wouldnt mind getting him, but it’s one of those "shiit or get off the pot" type things.  Been hearing the same things all offseason and nothings really changed.

It’s definitely happening. Tomlin wouldn’t be playing along with the media about it if something wasn’t already agreed upon or very close to being announced. 

Also - this dragging on has been the brilliance and patience of Omar. Aiyuk would be a Steeler already if we offered a first round pick, and now that the situation is getting ugly in San Fran, we will be getting him for less. 

• Like 1