2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

7 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Someone convince me not to draft Achane. He could easily miss half the season I feel.. and in a three way timeshare… but he is so explosive and has RB1 Upside. 

So I ended taking the plunge on him.  Achane has the feel of being a guy that could absolutely break FF.

However, I decided to protect myself with Wright even though I don’t really like handcuffing my own players.  Achane and Mostert have a ridiculously high injury risk each meaning Wright not only gives me insurance for Achane, but another game breaker if Mostert’s age catches up to him. 

2 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

So I ended taking the plunge on him.  Achane has the feel of being a guy that could absolutely break FF.

However, I decided to protect myself with Wright even though I don’t really like handcuffing my own players.  Achane and Mostert have a ridiculously high injury risk each meaning Wright not only gives me insurance for Achane, but another game breaker if Mostert’s age catches up to him. 

Achane/Wright sounds smart. Wright looks really good. I hate handcuffs, but probably a really good play. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

My work league had people drafting back up QB’s in a 10 teamer lmao

i ended up with Goff… 15th qb off the board 

As someone who drafted 2 QBs in a 10 teamer I feel attacked.

edit

My team I just drafted

QB: Murry, Daniels

WR: AJ Brown, Waddle, DK, Rice, Pickens, J. Reed, Polk (I'll have to cut for a kicker)

RB: Gibbs, Connor, Mostert, Corum, Dobbins, Brooks (IR stash)

TE: Freirmuth

TE got away from me.

Edited by twslhs20
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

edit

My team I just drafted

QB: Murry, Daniels

WR: AJ Brown, Waddle, DK, Rice, Pickens, J. Reed, Polk (I'll have to cut for a kicker)

RB: Gibbs, Connor, Mostert, Corum, Dobbins, Brooks (IR stash)

TE: Freirmuth

TE got away from me.

I like Rice... Not a fan of Waddle personally and DET's time-share of Gibbs Montgomery is annoying to me. Gibbs is so much better yet they basically split snaps I feel like. My number 1 target this year is Pacheco. If I have the 12th pick I would like to get G. Wilson and PachecoPacheco

Edited by Wentz you dog you

10 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I like Rice... Not a fan of Waddle personally and DET's time-share of Gibbs Montgomery is annoying to me. Gibbs is so much better yet they basically split snaps I feel like. My number 1 target this year is Pacheco. If I have the 12th pick I would like to get G. Wilson and PachecoPacheco

Wilson was my target. Went before Brown. Pacheco was a 5th round Keeper (that team as CMC as well)

Just left a draft with my starting lineup being:

QB - Patrick Mahomes

RB - Tony Pollard

RB - Brian Robinson

WR - Puka Nacua

WR - Deebo Samuel

WR - Nico Collins

TE - Dalton Kincaid

FLEX - Calvin Ridley

FLEX - Rashee Rice

SFLEX - Anthony Richardson

• Like 1

Just did my annual auction league draft.  It has IDP's which I ignore for the most part.  I know the top couple guys score a lot more than the rest but I still dont see the point in spending big on any of them.  But I went zero RB by accident because some of the top WRs went for less than expected. I like how it turned out as long as a couple of the RBs hit.  Also there are roster limits (5RB and 6 WR) so thats why I have extra QBs/TEs. 

QB - Jordan Love
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson
RB - Brian Robinson Jr
WR - Jamar Chase
WR Justin Jefferson
TE - Dalton Kincaid
FLEX - Marvin Harrison Jr.

DL - Derrick Brown
LB - Jack Campbell
LB - Will Anderson
DB - Kyle Duggar
FLEX - Azeez Al-Shaair

Bench:
QB - Drake Maye, Geno Smith
RB - Jonathan Brooks, Javonte Williams, Rico Dowdell
WR - Ladd Mckoncky, Khalil Shakir, Dontayvion Wicks
TE - Luke Musgrave

My starting unit is pretty stacked at WR with IMO the top WR this year in Chase and Jefferson (even with Darnold) and then Marv as the flex.  Kincaid I think is the WR1 in Buf this year too.  I am hoping a couple of the backs do some work until Brooks gets back week 4 or so.  I don't love my WR depth but will cycle through them eventually anyways. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

QB - Patrick Mahomes

RB - Tony Pollard

RB - Brian Robinson

WR - Puka Nacua

WR - Deebo Samuel

WR - Nico Collins

TE - Dalton Kincaid

FLEX - Calvin Ridley

FLEX - Rashee Rice

Thats pretty nasty for a Superflex.  How do you get Richardson and Mahomes?  Obviously the RBs are weak but solid filler guys and Kincaid is nice as I noted above in my draft results.  I really like Rice where you got him too.  Should be a tough team with those QBs if they stay healthy. 

10 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

3-4 years ago I got a D- and the year I got the Pats D off waivers and they went gang busters. I drafted Andrews and Waller in their breakout year. I sent screen shots to yahoo as a middle finger.

As a fellow member of the Foot I like it. The good thing about people doubling up on onseies is they will eventually hit the waver wire and you can make streaming more of an option.

What are your thoughts on the HOU WR core? So many mouths to feed make me shy away and take a Tank Dell or last available piece for value. Guy in our Keeper league could have kept Nico for an 11th but wanted to draft a whole new team. I feel like I should feel the same way about GB but I don't.

As to the Houston corps, I think both Nico and Tank are quality fantasy assets - and I really prioritize one over the other based upon league format.  PPR format, I lean more towards Nico.  But I think Tank is, at worst, a better version of Will Fuller - in that whereas Fuller was more of a deep-ball merchant, Tank is like Jamaal Charles in WR form - just really, really difficult to get down on first contact and able to change direction on a dime, so he's a YAC monster.  I think Diggs can still be a productive contributor, but I worry about his week-to-week consistency.

• Like 1

We have no kicker league only a second flex 12 team league.

Qb) Jordan Love

Rb) Kyren Williams

Rb) Ken Walker

Wr) Jamar Chase

Wr) Zay Flowers

Te) Sam LaPorta

Flex) Rashee Rice

Flex) Tajea Spears

Defense) Jags

Bench) Courtland Sutton

Bench) Zach Charbonet

Bench) Khalil Shakir

Bench) Jaleel Mclaughlin 

Bench) Chubba Hubbard

Bench) Justin Herbert 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

QB - Patrick Mahomes

RB - Tony Pollard

RB - Brian Robinson

WR - Puka Nacua

WR - Deebo Samuel

WR - Nico Collins

TE - Dalton Kincaid

FLEX - Calvin Ridley

FLEX - Rashee Rice

You got Mahomes and AR15 in a Superflex??

12 team non PPR, I had the 11th pick:

QB: Mahomes (4)
RB: S. Barkley (1)
RB: K Williams (2)
WR: Chris Olave (3)
WR: T Higgins (5)
TE: Njoku (7)
FLX: D Smith (6)
D : Saints (14)

BN: C Godwin (8)
BN: H Brown (9)
BN: JK Dobbins (10)