2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

QB - Lamar, Caleb, Fields ( lol so I missed on any legit draftable QBs for my third guy and decided to shoot my shot at upside. 

RB - breece, Jacobs, Achane, mostert, Warren, McLaughlin 

Wr- Adams, rashee rice, Brian Thomas, Jameson Williams, Tyler lockett

Te- kittle (I don't carry two)

12 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Adams for me. Gonna get 170 targets this year. Kupp is semi washed IMO. And injury prone.

I think the LAR passing offense runs through Kupp and he probably gets close to 150 targets and has Stafford vs minshew throwing to him

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think the LAR passing offense runs through Kupp and he probably gets close to 150 targets and has Stafford vs minshew throwing to him

Possible. I think Puka is their #1. Kupp could be semi washed. And I’ve been saying Whittington is a rookie breakout since June. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Disclaimer, just an ordinary dude’s opinion. 

Although I was about 21 points away from winning 60k last year in one of underdog’s finals. 

always helpful to have people's opinion. Especially on things I'm super torn on

18 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Possible. I think Puka is their #1. Kupp could be semi washed. And I’ve been saying Whittington is a rookie breakout since June. 

Kupp is also as healthy as he has been in 3 years.   the season he went on to post triple crown number at WR.  he could be washed, or he could be top 10 WR and Stafford favorite target

14 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Jacobs is on a Top 5 Offense. JT is on a Bottom 10-12 Offense. Jacobs has no RB competition of any kind. A lot of JT’s TD’s are going to be vultured by Richardson. 

Jacobs was not motivated last year and HATED the Raiders. He did not care. This will be new scenery for him and the 1st year of a new contract. 

The guy can easily repeat 2022. He is barely 25 years old and still has another two years before RB Age Regression hits him. 

3rd Round Jacobs is a little rich for me. But I’ll glad take 3rd Round Jacobs over 1st/2nd Round JT. There is no chance JT has more rushing TD’s, and the yardage shouldn’t be far off. 

I have hammered Mid 5th Round Jacobs in Bestball. Didn’t draft JT a single time. 

Jacobs has been sub 4 ypc in 3 of his 5 seasons, JT has never been below 4.4 which was last season while recovering from his injury. 

Jacobs will have RB competition later in the year as Lloyd settles in and once AJ Dillon gets off IR.  They will vulture TDs as well as will love who had 4 rushing TDs last year.  There is significantly more talent at RB in GB behind Jacobs than there is in Indy behind Taylor. 

I doubt Taylor gets to the 18 TDs he had when he was the RB1 but the 1800 yards wouldn't shock me.  That with 10 TDs I think will be a significant gap between he and Jacobs.  

5th round Jacobs in bestball makes a ton of sense, but 3rd round Jacobs in regular fantasy scares me. I just think he is more of the sub 4 ypc RB he has been most years than the 4.9 guy he was one year and thats cause for losing carries when Lloyd is sitting in the wings waiting. 

Half PPR. Start 3 WR, 2 flex, no kicker and no defense

QB: Jayden Daniels
RB: Breece Hall (Keeper)
RB: De'Von Achane (keeper)
WR: Amon Ra St. Brown (Keeper)
WR: Malik Nabers
WR: Terry McLaurin
TE: Dalton Kincaid
Flex: Javonte Williams
Flex: JSN
Bench: Zack Moss
Bench: Jordan Mason
Bench: Jaylen Wright
Bench: Darnell Mooney
Bench: Jermain Burton

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Jacobs will have RB competition later in the year as Lloyd settles in and once AJ Dillon gets off IR.  They will vulture TDs as well as will love who had 4 rushing TDs last year.  There is significantly more talent at RB in GB behind Jacobs than there is in Indy behind Taylor. 

Dillon is out for the year, fwiw 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

QB - Lamar, Caleb, Fields ( lol so I missed on any legit draftable QBs for my third guy and decided to shoot my shot at upside. 

RB - breece, Jacobs, Achane, mostert, Warren, McLaughlin 

Wr- Adams, rashee rice, Brian Thomas, Jameson Williams, Tyler lockett

Te- kittle (I don't carry two)

Hoping this is PPR, at least 1/2.  I don't love Adams outside of PPR (particularly as a WR1); part of it is hedging on age eventually catching up with him (because at some point it's got to), the other is hedging on quality of QB.  I actually liked Adams' prospects (particularly in PPR) had AOC won the job - and he still might end up getting it in 4-5 weeks - because O'Connell just fed Davante like his name was Augustus Gloop.  Minshew is a little less predictable, and not that he and Davante are similar archetypes of receiver, but Michael Pittman, if we project out his performances with Pittman over the full season, would have barely cracked the Top 13 WR's in PPR and wouldn't have cracked the Top 15 in total PPG for fantasy - that's with a better OL, a not-so-arguably better rushing attack, and considerably lesser TE's by comparison to this season's Vegas team.  The last part is particularly relevant because Gardner targeted his TE just under 21% of the time last season (and has always been at least on the greater-than side of tilt in terms of targeting TE's amongst starters for his career).

I'm assuming this is Super Flex, so you're playing with fire hoping that Lamar doesn't get injured, but if he stays healthy, you should be fine - Caleb should be at minimum at middle-of-the-road or higher QB2 this season - though I'm going to be interested to see how much Waldron and Brown try to force leaning on the running game to temper Caleb taking the YOLO shots that a lot of 1st year QB's tend toward.  Honestly, you've got the likely PPG output to absorb multiple TO's from Caleb in a given week if Lamar can keep his down (which he usually does, barring playing certain teams).

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Hoping this is PPR, at least 1/2.  I don't love Adams outside of PPR (particularly as a WR1); part of it is hedging on age eventually catching up with him (because at some point it's got to), the other is hedging on quality of QB.  I actually liked Adams' prospects (particularly in PPR) had AOC won the job - and he still might end up getting it in 4-5 weeks - because O'Connell just fed Davante like his name was Augustus Gloop.  Minshew is a little less predictable, and not that he and Davante are similar archetypes of receiver, but Michael Pittman, if we project out his performances with Pittman over the full season, would have barely cracked the Top 13 WR's in PPR and wouldn't have cracked the Top 15 in total PPG for fantasy - that's with a better OL, a not-so-arguably better rushing attack, and considerably lesser TE's by comparison to this season's Vegas team.  The last part is particularly relevant because Gardner targeted his TE just under 21% of the time last season (and has always been at least on the greater-than side of tilt in terms of targeting TE's amongst starters for his career).

I'm assuming this is Super Flex, so you're playing with fire hoping that Lamar doesn't get injured, but if he stays healthy, you should be fine - Caleb should be at minimum at middle-of-the-road or higher QB2 this season - though I'm going to be interested to see how much Waldron and Brown try to force leaning on the running game to temper Caleb taking the YOLO shots that a lot of 1st year QB's tend toward.  Honestly, you've got the likely PPG output to absorb multiple TO's from Caleb in a given week if Lamar can keep his down (which he usually does, barring playing certain teams).

Full PPR. 

I don't love the Adams selection either. I've been lamenting that 2 - 3 turn since the draft. But I do think there's a reasonable chance that Minshew over feeds Adams.....at least that is what I am selling to people as I shop him lol. 

I mentioned it earlier, but have been kicking around Adams + Jacobs for Kupp + Gibbs...which at minimum seems fair given the reactions I've gotten from people lol. 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yep, and I am also not a fan of Llyod as a prospect. And JT 1800 yards? I think he is overrating who JT is at this point. 

Lloyd will be the back to have in GB by the end of the year.  Jacobs is either hurt or sub 4 ypc and they will try others. 

JT finished last year averaging 98 yards and 1.2 TDs the last five games.  He started slow but in 8 games (barely played in the first two) he had 741 yards so in 17 that would be a 1,600 yard season.  Given he has done it, and has had a 4.5 ypc every year and is adding another running threat in AR to distract defenses, I fully expect him to have a big year.