2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lloyd will be the back to have in GB by the end of the year.  Jacobs is either hurt or sub 4 ypc and they will try others. 

JT finished last year averaging 98 yards and 1.2 TDs the last five games.  He started slow but in 8 games (barely played in the first two) he had 741 yards so in 17 that would be a 1,600 yard season.  Given he has done it, and has had a 4.5 ypc every year and is adding another running threat in AR to distract defenses, I fully expect him to have a big year. 

That’s with Minshew though. Taylor’s rushing yards and especially Rushing TD’s will take a hit with Richardson in the game. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

That’s with Minshew though. Taylor’s rushing yards and especially Rushing TD’s will take a hit with Richardson in the game. 

I mean, AR will get his, but JT will as well.  And they won't want to get AR hurt unnecessarily so I am not sure he will be the rushing TD thief expected.  I dont expect him to average over 1 per game, but having a better QB than Minshew who is a threat in the run game will make defenses a little slower everytime he touches the ball.  I expect his ypc to increase and his TDs will likely still be in the 10-14 range.  

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lloyd will be the back to have in GB by the end of the year.  Jacobs is either hurt or sub 4 ypc and they will try others. 

JT finished last year averaging 98 yards and 1.2 TDs the last five games.  He started slow but in 8 games (barely played in the first two) he had 741 yards so in 17 that would be a 1,600 yard season.  Given he has done it, and has had a 4.5 ypc every year and is adding another running threat in AR to distract defenses, I fully expect him to have a big year. 

I think Llyod’s a jag and Jacobs is a really good football player. 

Who do you all think from the Chargers WR options will have the best season? They are obviously going to be throwing the ball a lot with Herbert, so I was thinking about drafting a Chargers WR, figured I could get some value with one late. Not a lot of big names on the Chargers WR core though. 

9 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Who do you all think from the Chargers WR options will have the best season? They are obviously going to be throwing the ball a lot with Herbert, so I was thinking about drafting a Chargers WR, figured I could get some value with one late. Not a lot of big names on the Chargers WR core though. 

Ladd would be the best choice. Palmer and Chark are interesting fliers, but they aren’t very good. 

Don’t draft QJ. Huge bust. 

• Like 1

I’m very pleased with how my draft went tonight. 12-team, non-Ppr 

QB: Kyler Murray 
RB: Breece Hall
RB: Josh Jacobs
WR: Malik Nabers 
WR: Diontae Johnson 
TE: Mark Andrews 
Flex: Rachaad White
K: Cairo Santos 
DST: Bills 

Bench:
Gus Edwards RB
Jaylen Wright RB 
Marquise Brown WR 
Josh Palmer WR 
Brian Thomas Jr WR
TJ Hockenson TE (IR) 
Matthew Stafford QB 

Yo @Tank4Drake can you please tell me why you’re as high on Hall as you are?

don’t get met wrong I always had him a first rounder, but I was back loading him. Now after reading this thread it seems like he should arguably be pick 2-4? Thanks

My draft is tonight, not sure what pick I have, but if he’s there from 4 onwards - I should grab him?

On 8/29/2024 at 4:12 PM, drew39k said:

Thoughts on trying to swing a deal for Garret Wilson?

I am in a ten team ppr league. 

Thinking something like zay flowers or Rashee rice and Travis Etienne for Garret Wilson and Brian robinson jr. The guy has garbo rbs( Jacobs,Stevenson,b-rob, benson,charbonnet, ford, lloyd). I guess he is hoping for a spark/lotto ticket?

My team is 

QB: Mahomes 

RB Breece hall

RB Travis Etienne

WR Devante Adams

WR Drake London

Te trey McBride

Flex zay flowers

Bn

QB A.Rodgers

WR R.Rice

Wr L.McConkey

WR M.Williams

WR C.Samuel

RB N.Harris

RB J.Mclaughlin

IR N.Chubb

I don't feel like I need to make a deal, but I do think Wilson is pissed for a monster year.

I’d be very happy with that team

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yo @Tank4Drake can you please tell me why you’re as high on Hall as you are?

don’t get met wrong I always had him a first rounder, but I was back loading him. Now after reading this thread it seems like he should arguably be pick 2-4? Thanks

My draft is tonight, not sure what pick I have, but if he’s there from 4 onwards - I should grab him?

So it turns out Tank4Drake has faced the ban hammer’s wrath.

Can anyone answer the above? 

27 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why didn’t you go Lamb or Hill?

I think it's league dynamics.  Some leagues RB get draft more vs WR.  1.0 ppr vs 0.5 ppr can play into that.

Some like the value of the later  2nd round WR more than the RB, so starting RB then WR is more appealing than WR then RB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why didn’t you go Lamb or Hill?

Couple of reasons - 

One, this only has 2 receiver spots hard coded so receiver depth isn't nearly as big of an issue. If this were a straight up 3 receiver league, I probably would go receiver there (and would probably make several receiver picks early). 

Two, league values running backs quite a bit and the depth is bad. Honestly, in a full ppr league, I think I can stream receivers when needed quite effectively, especially when you start to know where defenses land. Because the depth sucks, this league will value the position quite a bit. Or at least they have historically. Right now, the best RB available (expected points wise) is antonio gibson. Receiver? Curtis Samuel, Josh Palmer, Brandin Cooks, Romeo Doubs, Michael Wilson, Gabe Davis. All I guys that I really wouldn't have an issue rostering and potentially streaming. 

Because of that, it'll be a lot easier for me to acquire an elite receiver for a good running back + good WR combo in a trade during the season. It would be damn near impossible for me to acquire an elite running back for even an elite wr. 

Like, at some point this year, if a guy like Mostert doesn't fall a part and is treading solid RB2 territory, and a guy like Brian Thomas is WR2-3 territory, I'd wager that I could turn that into a decent WR1 guy. 

• Like 1

Ok, I had pick 10 in a 10 team PPR league. 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex.  I nearrrrly got Breece! Damnit. Here’s what I came away with;

QB: Stroud (5), Daniels (9)

RB: Gibbs (2), Achane (3), Swift (8) 

WR: Wilson (1), Nabers (4), Rice (7), McConkey (10), Lockett (12), Polk (MrI)

TE: Kincaid (6), Bowers (11)

K: McPherson

D Chiefs 

so, i had a strategy of going young and try and get players on good offenses. Pretty much nailed that strategy. Obviously im concerned with lack of RB depth and the number of rookies. But im happy with how it went at the turn. First time I’ve picked at the turn, it’s hard! Fav pick was probably Kincaid at 6. There was a massive run of TEs

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ok, I had pick 10 in a 10 team PPR league. 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex.  I nearrrrly got Breece! Damnit. Here’s what I came away with;

QB: Stroud (5), Daniels (9)

RB: Gibbs (2), Achane (3), Swift (8) 

WR: Wilson (1), Nabers (4), Rice (7), McConkey (10), Lockett (12), Polk (MrI)

TE: Kincaid (6), Bowers (11)

K: McPherson

D Chiefs 

so, i had a strategy of going young and try and get players on good offenses. Pretty much nailed that strategy. Obviously im concerned with lack of RB depth and the number of rookies. But im happy with how it went at the turn. First time I’ve picked at the turn, it’s hard! Fav pick was probably Kincaid at 6. There was a massive run of TEs

I'm curious as to what platform you used? I feel like ESPN grossly undervalues Achane. I used ESPN and got him in round 5. So I'm curious if you're elsewhere (just thinking for ADP platform exploitation)

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm curious as to what platform you used? I feel like ESPN grossly undervalues Achane. I used ESPN and got him in round 5. So I'm curious if you're elsewhere (just thinking for ADP platform exploitation)

Yahoooooohoooo

i am a bit concerned about injury with him

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1