2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

Draft order for my Big Money league, that drafts this coming Saturday, was released and UGH... 11th out of 12.  Basically makes certain levels of prep next to impossible because the 1st 2 rounds in this league are historically anti-chalk and difficult to project.  Also, certain guys that I like better than ADP, with me being on the turn, I'm going to have to commit to reaching on barring outstanding value falling to me.

Edited by Dr LBC

24 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Draft order for my Big Money league, that drafts this coming Saturday, was released and UGH... 11th out of 12.  Basically makes certain levels of prep next to impossible because the 1st 2 rounds in this league are historically anti-chalk and difficult to project.  Also, certain guys that I like better than ADP, with me being on the turn, I'm going to have to commit to reaching on barring outstanding value falling to me.

1 QB or superflex?  Ppr?

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

1 QB or superflex?  Ppr?

Standard scoring, but TD-heavy (6pts for TD's across the board).  2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE, and 2 flex (specifically a WR/RB flex and and a WR/TE flex). 1 QB, but for some damn reason even with this being a 12-team league, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times there have been less than 2 QB's taken in the 1st round in the last 10 years.

I've all but given up hope of any of my Tier 1 WR's falling to me, so I'm likely going RB, RB on the turn and just shoring that up right out the gate.  The bigger question will be if one of Breece (not likely, but possible) or Bijan (I'm less confident in this than in Breece, because I can pretty much tell you who in this league is going to specifically target Bijan) don't fall to me, if I go Gibbs/Kyren or Kyren/Achane.  Achane is the clear swing for the fences that's much more risky a reach picking on the turn, but I also know he's not making it back around to me in the 3rd.  I have Kyren statted out (no homer) in this format as a Top 4 RB.  The bigger question, if I stick with the RB/RB strat, is whether to make the massive upside pick (because of injury issues and a crowded backfield) of Achane, the compromise of equal parts upside and floor of Gibbs, or the safer pick (in terms of workload, TD upside, good offense, and no backfield threats in Pacheco (I've got him and Achane both statted out as Top 10/11 RB's with equal amounts of total TD's)?

Edited by Dr LBC

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

at what point are we going to hold Hackett accountable as being a trash OC. The mans offense always flops 

A trash OC that helped Breece lead the league in yards with a trash QB last year.  I’m fine trusting that again with Rodgers taking some heat off Breece. 

Whats everyone's position on Garrett Wilson? I'm in position 10 in a 10 team league. Full PPR 3 WR 2RB. Prefect world Sun god falls to me and I go him and Wilson. I really like Wilson as a 2. I'm not sure about him as a 1.

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Whats everyone's position on Garrett Wilson? I'm in position 10 in a 10 team league. Full PPR 3 WR 2RB. Prefect world Sun god falls to me and I go him and Wilson. I really like Wilson as a 2. I'm not sure about him as a 1.

There’s 0% chance St. Brown falls to you at 10. I’d be pretty happy with Wilson at pick 11 though. 

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Standard scoring, but TD-heavy (6pts for TD's across the board).  2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE, and 2 flex (specifically a WR/RB flex and and a WR/TE flex). 1 QB, but for some damn reason even with this being a 12-team league, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times there have been less than 2 QB's taken in the 1st round in the last 10 years.

I've all but given up hope of any of my Tier 1 WR's falling to me, so I'm likely going RB, RB on the turn and just shoring that up right out the gate.  The bigger question will be if one of Breece (not likely, but possible) or Bijan (I'm less confident in this than in Breece, because I can pretty much tell you who in this league is going to specifically target Bijan) don't fall to me, if I go Gibbs/Kyren or Kyren/Achane.  Achane is the clear swing for the fences that's much more risky a reach picking on the turn, but I also know he's not making it back around to me in the 3rd.  I have Kyren statted out (no homer) in this format as a Top 4 RB.  The bigger question, if I stick with the RB/RB strat, is whether to make the massive upside pick (because of injury issues and a crowded backfield) of Achane, the compromise of equal parts upside and floor of Gibbs, or the safer pick (in terms of workload, TD upside, good offense, and no backfield threats in Pacheco (I've got him and Achane both statted out as Top 10/11 RB's with equal amounts of total TD's)?

I think you need to do several mocks with different combos of ..... RB/RB, WR/WR,  WR/RB.  See what combo leads you to the most comfortable team build

19 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

If I was 11th, I would be hoping Garrett Wilson drops to me.  If not I would probably draft Jonathan Taylor there and then Gibbs on the way back.  Achane is a bigger risk IMO given the injuries and the more crowded backfield.  I think Gibbs gets a lot catches this year as well as more carries but he also is an injury risk with a hamstring already bothering him.  

I'm not nearly as high on Kyren and Pacheco as you are but I personally feel like Pacheco is safer.  Kyren had Corum added to the backfield and I think they will split carries more than people think.  I think I would take Ettiene or Achane over both of them. It also seems like your league favors WR given you can have them in both flex slots so drafting Marvin Harrison or Puka isn't a horrible option either.  

47 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If I was 11th, I would be hoping Garrett Wilson drops to me.  If not I would probably draft Jonathan Taylor there and then Gibbs on the way back.  Achane is a bigger risk IMO given the injuries and the more crowded backfield.  I think Gibbs gets a lot catches this year as well as more carries but he also is an injury risk with a hamstring already bothering him.  

I'm not nearly as high on Kyren and Pacheco as you are but I personally feel like Pacheco is safer.  Kyren had Corum added to the backfield and I think they will split carries more than people think.  I think I would take Ettiene or Achane over both of them. It also seems like your league favors WR given you can have them in both flex slots so drafting Marvin Harrison or Puka isn't a horrible option either.  

A bit of my own understanding of how McVay operates his offense.  He's not going to run Kyren into the ground, but he loves Kyren.  Also, the offense still runs through Kupp - and as long as he's healthy, it's not so much that he's the alpha but he's the one on the primary design of the play-concepts.  The deep-cross/post route tandem is a staple of McVay's offense and that deep cross is almost always going to be Kupp's, which also tends to get him the more favorable DB matchup.  I love Puka, but I actually feel like he's overrated at a low-1st/early-2nd this year because he's being propped up by production from when Kupp was out injured/still recovering.  Different athletic profile, but I consider him like a plus-DeVonta Smith, i.e. the WR2 on his depth chart who will definitely give you WR1 weeks, but as long as Kupp is fit, he's not going to be the WR1 people expect to get (i.e. AJ Brown or Davante Adams) with a late 1st/early 2nd.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

A bit of my own understanding of how McVay operates his offense.  He's not going to run Kyren into the ground, but he loves Kyren.  Also, the offense still runs through Kupp - and as long as he's healthy, it's not so much that he's the alpha but he's the one on the primary design of the play-concepts.  The deep-cross/post route tandem is a staple of McVay's offense and that deep cross is almost always going to be Kupp's, which also tends to get him the more favorable DB matchup.  I love Puka, but I actually feel like he's overrated at a low-1st/early-2nd this year because he's being propped up by production from when Kupp was out injured/still recovering.  Different athletic profile, but I consider him like a plus-DeVonta Smith, i.e. the WR2 on his depth chart who will definitely give you WR1 weeks, but as long as Kupp is fit, he's not going to be the WR1 people expect to get (i.e. AJ Brown or Davante Adams) with a late 1st/early 2nd.

In the games they played together, Kupp had 95 targets and Puka had 102. Puka had 984 yards and 4 TDs while Kupp had 737 yards and 5 TDs.  It looks like based on last year, they will be a 1A and 1B depending on matchup and Staffords reads.  Yes Puka's volume went down but he still had plenty of fantasy WR1/2 value with Kupp out there.  Now give Puka more experience, another offseason, and Kupp gets a year older, and I fully expect Puka to gain more target share rather than lose it.  I definitely don't think Puka is AJ Brown but he will outscore Adams IMO.  He may be a little high that early but other than Marvin Harrison, I don't see a lot of guys with the upside that he offers with a similar floor.  

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In the games they played together, Kupp had 95 targets and Puka had 102. Puka had 984 yards and 4 TDs while Kupp had 737 yards and 5 TDs.  It looks like based on last year, they will be a 1A and 1B depending on matchup and Staffords reads.  Yes Puka's volume went down but he still had plenty of fantasy WR1/2 value with Kupp out there.  Now give Puka more experience, another offseason, and Kupp gets a year older, and I fully expect Puka to gain more target share rather than lose it.  I definitely don't think Puka is AJ Brown but he will outscore Adams IMO.  He may be a little high that early but other than Marvin Harrison, I don't see a lot of guys with the upside that he offers with a similar floor.  

You've got to remember that Kupp was less than a year removed from an ACL tear when he was ceding those touches.  Reports out of camp thus far have been that he's fully recovered and that the passing game runs through him again - though, it also has to be recognized that Puka has missed some time this camp with an injury of his own.

15 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

You've got to remember that Kupp was less than a year removed from an ACL tear when he was ceding those touches.  Reports out of camp thus far have been that he's fully recovered and that the passing game runs through him again - though, it also has to be recognized that Puka has missed some time this camp with an injury of his own.

True, but very rarely do 32 year old WRs bounce back from injury to be better and then take away touches from a younger talented player.  Its like 2014 Andre Johnson/Deandre Hopkins.  

I have My big money league draft coming up, PPR scoring….1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex, kicker, defense…

After making some trades I ended Up with this to start the draft…

picks: 15, 22, 27, 34, 39 and 58. But don’t pick again until 82nd (12 team league) 

I usually hit WR pretty hard in the very beginning, especially in a PPR league. I’m hoping either Wilson or Puka fall to me at 15, Pacheco, Henry or Achane at 22 and then I’m probably just smashing the Receivers the next 4 picks.