2024 Around the NFL Thread

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

Things just keep going from bad to worse for the Vikings.  Snuffing out any hope before it even began.

Yeah seems rough up there

Luckily for them I guess it’s not like any of the QBs next year look demonstrably better than JJ, so doubtful they’ll have to do a Rosen/Kyler swap after a year and should at least get another star out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Really would have liked to make that same trade. Would have really made this team complete.

I wonder if he has an extension lined up with the Titans because that deal is very cheap for them.

Jones isn't a top tier LB, but he is a good player. Him and White together actually would have been a pretty solid starting duo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Haven't followed him since the draft, but wow he must really suck to already be cut lol.

Liked him as a target that draft, being a DB drafted by the Vikings is a curse. They get all kinds of names to drop to them and they seem to never work out.

Was a player for player trade name a couple podcasts put out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

Really would have liked to make that same trade. Would have really made this team complete.

He's going to get paid and the Eagles weren't going to pay him.  Could've turned into a reverse Reddick situation without a new contract.  Trading for him also would've likely been at the expense of one of their young LB's that made the roster and they have cheap for the next few years.  Would be nice, but you can't pay every position.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He's going to get paid and the Eagles weren't going to pay him.  Could've turned into a reverse Reddick situation without a new contract.  Trading for him also would've likely been at the expense of one of their young LB's that made the roster and they have cheap for the next few years.  Would be nice, but you can't pay every position.

Yeah I get that they wouldn't have likely signed him long term. But a 5th for Jones and 6th? I'm fine with that being a one year rental. If he truly is going to get paid then he Eagles would get a compensatory pick from that contract anyway.