2024 Preseason GDT Week #2 Steelers vs. Bills

So, the question now is, do they have to sign a backup center when Anderson, McCormick, and Daniels are all potential options there (if Frazier goes down)? I personally didn’t want to see Anderson or Cook get sent to the practice squad. Maybe Herbig’s injury is ultimately a blessing in disguise, though I’m sure neither he nor the team believes so.

2 hours ago, rlon said:

So, the question now is, do they have to sign a backup center when Anderson, McCormick, and Daniels are all potential options there (if Frazier goes down)? I personally didn’t want to see Anderson or Cook get sent to the practice squad. Maybe Herbig’s injury is ultimately a blessing in disguise, though I’m sure neither he nor the team believes so.

I think they'll go in-house with it. McCormack snapped in his pre-draft meeting with us, at OTAs, and in Camp during warmups with the QBs. I think he's got the leg up for the spot if Frazier goes down. I didn't read if Anderson worked at C this off-season. The only report I saw said he worked a lot at G. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The irony that the same Pittsburgh media memebers that last year said the preseason is meaningless are now saying the preseason is exactly how the season will go. 

Yea I’m more on the negative side regarding this team but the preseason crap is just dumb.

No one will have a good idea regarding the team until about mid season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The irony that the same Pittsburgh media memebers that last year said the preseason is meaningless are now saying the preseason is exactly how the season will go. 

It's not just the media it's the fans as well. A lot of Hatorade! We were preseason paper champions that the 49'ers wiped their butts that paper championship week 1.  

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea I’m more on the negative side regarding this team but the preseason crap is just dumb.

No one will have a good idea regarding the team until about mid season.

I felt like we're about .500 again like the past 3-4 seasons. 

And with you on the mid season feeling too because I think that's how long the line will take to gel and get comfortable. I was looking at it and we've had on average 2 starting OL spots change per year for the last 3 season not due to injury. That's a crazy amount of change. And we might see it again next year too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

whats your view on the season in 24, record and how the team is on offence etc?