Commanders bring WR Martavis Bryant back to NFL

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

First off, lol Bryant okay...

Second off, I hope we bring in another kicker to compete.

Yeah, this Bryant signing really seems like a desperate attempt to bring more size to our WR corps, but maybe we’re wrong, I guess we’re going to find out if the 32 year old who hasn’t played an NFL regular season game since 2018 has anything left.

Someone on twitter said that Bryant spent last year on Dallas’ practice squad and Quinn said that Bryant was ready to play but McCarthy never called him up. So, I guess we’ll see what he has.

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

A guy that has been out of the NFL for 6 years isn't a threat to Dotson, IMO. 

I really like that they brought someone in with size, but weird signing.  This is a next level reclamation project.  And if it works, what do you get- a chance to resign a 33 year old WR.  Seems like a bad investment.

• Like 1

This is what you call a Hail Mary! 🤣 

If he somehow shows out & can play like he did nearly a decade ago then it’s a home run, but most likely this signing means nothing and he may not even make the roster.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

A guy that has been out of the NFL for 6 years isn't a threat to Dotson, IMO. 

I’m in this camp for now as well but as much as I don’t want to hear it, guys who go to camp every day and report on it like the best beat reporters around here are saying that Dotson isn’t having a good camp. He’s had some drops, looks disinterested at times and seems to have this attitude that he’s arrived and has the #2 starting position locked up.

So, I think at the least Quinn/Kingsbury are trying to send a message to Dotson that he’s not guaranteed to be the #2 WR.

From listening to the B. Mitchell video?

It sounds like there might be 1 or more players, not showing the skills the coaching staff is looking for.

And, that there might be some diva, whining, complaining, moaning or whatever coming from said WR(s).

So they signed Bryant cause he was probably cheap, but still talented even at 32.

He's a big dude who has shown that he belonged in this league, but has made some mistakes along the way. Looking for redemption type of thing.

His speed & size, might be something the coaching staff want to add to the roster. 

They didn't have to trade draft resources to take a look at a player.

And Dan Quinn knows Bryant & what he looked like in Dallas last yr. And wondered why Dallas didn't bring him up.

I think Jahan Dotson might be the player, who's in trouble of not only starting....?

But making this team.

They want the best players for their schemes.

Where you were drafted, does not matter to this coaching staff. They want effort!

Now THAT, is a good coaching staff, gentleman.