CHRISTMAS DAY GDT!!!

JDLefebvre

15 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

And don't forget Mike Vrabel and Randy Moss.  He's been right a few times.

Umm...both of them were still in their prime when they were signed.   Everyone and their mother knew Moss was still a beast....most teams just didnt want to take the risk.

Harrison is a 39 year old LB who has never done anything notable outside of Pittsburgh's defense.   It reportedly took him 4 years to learn the basics of LeBeau's defense.   He is now being signed by a team in week 17, and while its very probable they are just picking his brain about our defense (as if they really need the help) and maybe they believe he knows how to give some of our lineman fits.

Look, in no way am I saying Harrison CANT have an impact with the Pats.    Im just tired of people constantly acting like every FA Belichick signs turns into something, and like Harrison is something that he isnt anymore.     Again, would I have cut him?   No, but not because he is good, just because I dont see the depth that allows that move.

And honestly, as much as I love what Deebo was for us, he has always had a big mouth and often came across like a whiny kid.    And no, this isnt me hating on Harrison because he is gone since Ive been saying this for years.     He complained about stupid things he shouldve kept his mouth shut about, and he pouted when we asked him to take a paycut due to his declining play, and signed with the Bengals, where he did nothing.

Again....maybe Deebo will do something, but I think some Steelers fans are going way to far with this.    This isnt 2008 James Harrison, or anything close to it.    if he plays a decent role for them, fine.....but if we lose to the Patriots this postseason, I can pretty much guarantee, it wont be because of him.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Harrison is a 39 year old LB who has never done anything notable outside of Pittsburgh's defense.

He's hardly played outside of the Pittburgh defense.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

both of them were still in their prime when they were signed

Vrabel was no superstar, good player, but BB brought out his best

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Moss was still a beast....most teams just didnt want to take the risk.

Of course Moss still had star potential but he'd bounced around.  And as you suggest, the guy was a headache.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Look, in no way am I saying Harrison CANT have an impact with the Pats.

You were saying a couple days ago that people were delusional to think he still had much left.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im just tired of people constantly acting like every FA Belichick signs turns into something

He's turned trash into treasure as much as anyone.  He's also been known to cut vets like John Lynch that clearly weren't good anymore.  If he sees something in JH, to me that confirms what many of us are saying about how he was handled the right way this season and that he does indeed have something left to contribute.

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And honestly, as much as I love what Deebo was for us, he has always had a big mouth and often came across like a whiny kid.   

What's the saying?  Greg Lloyd or Deebo, doesn't matter:  "I wasn't hired for my disposition."  Yeah, he's been whiny this season and I can understand why.  I think Tomlin got tired of managing him, bottom line.

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

.but if we lose to the Patriots this postseason, I can pretty much guarantee, it wont be because of him.

I sure hope you're right.  Otherwise, it's going to be a long offseason of pointing fingers.  

2 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

He's hardly played outside of the Pittburgh defense.

Okay.  Im aware of that.   He didnt look good for Cincy.   Now he is going to a new defense in week 17.   If they just having him rushing, he might do SOMETHING, but he is slow off the snap and gets winded much quicker than he used to.

Vrabel was no superstar, good player, but BB brought out his best

Vrabel was a 26 year old with upside when he left here.   Harrison a 39 year old on his last legs.    Not a good comparison.  

Of course Moss still had star potential but he'd bounced around.  And as you suggest, the guy was a headache

The guys I listed were aging players who were cut by their respective teams because they didnt have much left to offer....much more comparable to Harrison than Moss when he signed with the Pats.

You were saying a couple days ago that people were delusional to think he still had much left.

There is a difference between saying he doesnt have much left and that he cant contribute at all.

He DOESNT have much left.   Thats been proven.   If he can get a sack or two for them and maybe make a few tackles, he might be worth it.   OR....he might get held in check or burned trying to make a play he isnt physically capable of making anymore.

He's turned trash into treasure as much as anyone.  He's also been known to cut vets like John Lynch that clearly weren't good anymore.  If he sees something in JH, to me that confirms what many of us are saying about how he was handled the right way this season and that he does indeed have something left to contribute.

How exactly does that CONFIRM it?     Sure, he may THINK Harrison has something left....and MAYBE he does....but its not confirmed until he actually...ya know...DOES SOMETHING.

Your entire argument about Harrison is built on hypotheticals and speculation.   Doesnt necessarily mean youre wrong....but lets not act like the Pats signing proves anything other than they have some injuries and Harrison was probably the best linebacker available in a weak market, and that he may have some additional insight into a team they may very well have to play in the AFCCG..         

What's the saying?  Greg Lloyd or Deebo, doesn't matter:  "I wasn't hired for my disposition."  Yeah, he's been whiny this season and I can understand why.  I think Tomlin got tired of managing him, bottom line.

Yeah, and for the most part, I didnt care.....but his disposition didnt always come across as a hardass.   It often came across as childish....like the entire Bengals incident.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

People are getting too bent out of shape over this.

People, especially the many casual, uneducated fans I know are losing their minds over this news!!!!   ???    An edge rusher is a need for NE but I don't think JH is going to be reincarnated and set the world on fire with this move.  Any other team and no one bats an eye.   He'll have his moments but it won't be a huge factor IMO.  

2 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

People, especially the many casual, uneducated fans I know are losing their minds over this news!!!!   ???    An edge rusher is a need for NE but I don't think JH is going to be reincarnated and set the world on fire with this move.  Any other team and no one bats an eye.   He'll have his moments but it won't be a huge factor IMO.  

I don't even think he'll have his moments.  Watch his snaps this year.  Slow off the snap, having problems getting off blocks, isn't bending like he once did.  I would be surprised if he did much to anything with them.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I don't even think he'll have his moments.  Watch his snaps this year.  Slow off the snap, having problems getting off blocks, isn't bending like he once did.  I would be surprised if he did much to anything with them.

wonder if james would of made it out of TC had Keion Adams stayed healthy

9 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I only caught a few plays due to the festivities. How did Haden look? I noticed Hopkins had an average game punctuated by an insane TD catch. Was Haden covering him much?

He looked good - especially coming off of injury.  He was on Hopkins quite a bit. 

Archived