CHRISTMAS DAY GDT!!!

JDLefebvre

4 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

I think what excites me about the playoffs is that a healthy Roethlisberger is throwing the ball as good as I've seen him since that hot stretch after the bye in 2015. He's as healthy as he's probably ever been heading into the playoffs. He's mostly on point mentally.

I will ignore the mostly on point comment for unfortunate reasons  :S , but your point is something I have noticed as well. He appears healthy and is throwing very well. This playoff could be a good one. 

I see wild card AFC as RD1

Ravens at KC

Titans at Jags

RD2

Jags at Steelers

Pats will face a team they have had problems with. KC beat them this year without Revis and the Ravens have done well vs the pats. 

53 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

too bad we have to rely on a db for sacks, and for some reason I don't think this will work or be applicable vs the pats for example. 

I don't really mind, as long as we are getting to the QB.  Hilton is so damn quick.  He can get there faster than anyone else. 

He is the  Missile, which is what they used to call the old #31 back in the day.  Now we need a #47 to go with that. Actually , right now I am more low on the Run D than anything else on D. Secondary seems decent at times, but lately the run D has been  weak.

Mike Hilton - UDFA cornerback four sacks in 15 games

Jarvis Jones - Former #1 OLB six sacks in 50 games.

Hilton has been such a find. Now I will admit that I was one who loved the Jones pick. He did well in the SEC which I thought would translate to the pros plus I thought he would add some mass to his frame. Unfortunately he never came close to what I thought he would be. Hilton has made up for the Golson pick.

6 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Mike Hilton - UDFA cornerback four sacks in 15 games

Jarvis Jones - Former #1 OLB six sacks in 50 games.

Hilton has been such a find. Now I will admit that I was one who loved the Jones pick. He did well in the SEC which I thought would translate to the pros plus I thought he would add some mass to his frame. Unfortunately he never came close to what I thought he would be. Hilton has made up for the Golson pick.

Jarvis, this won't go away will it xD I remember Kethnaab doing the 2-2 break down and showed Jarvis on a few plays vs (yes!) the Browns and Jarvis was just useless out there.  Colbert drafts Jarvis RD asap, yet Justing Houston goes to the Chiefs in RD3 , Lawson to the bungles in RD4  etc.

10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I will ignore the mostly on point comment for unfortunate reasons  :S , but your point is something I have noticed as well. He appears healthy and is throwing very well. This playoff could be a good one. 

I see wild card AFC as RD1

Ravens at KC

Titans at Jags

RD2

Jags at Steelers

Pats will face a team they have had problems with. KC beat them this year without Revis and the Ravens have done well vs the pats. 

Ravens will smoke KC and go to NE.  That will be a battle.

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Jarvis, this won't go away will it xD I remember Kethnaab doing the 2-2 break down and showed Jarvis on a few plays vs (yes!) the Browns and Jarvis was just useless out there.  Colbert drafts Jarvis RD asap, yet Justing Houston goes to the Chiefs in RD3 , Lawson to the bungles in RD4  etc.

And Belichick drafted Lawrence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams and Maurice Jones Drew...and Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall.  Whats your point?

40 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And Belichick drafted Lawrence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams and Maurice Jones Drew...and Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall.  Whats your point?

Not to mention the two names he picked to talk about had major red flags tied to both of them. 

Houston had substance problems in college and I think tested positive at the combine. 

Lawson had those hip issues and isabetter fit in a base 4-3 as opposed to an OLB in a 3-4. 

But semantics. 

Archived