AP names Gardner Minshew starting QB

NYRaider

9 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m also not gonna be very impressed if we win Week 1. It’s possibly the worst offensive roster in the NFL. Herbert and nothing. Patriots have a better offensive roster lol.

They have a pretty good looking Oline and Dobbins, if he returns to form could have a big year running the ball. I think McConkey becomes a heck of a player for them in time. But largely right. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

All three of those guys could've entered the draft this year and chose to return to school because they weren't going to be first round picks.

Beck would have been the 3rd or 4th QB off the board easily. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They have a pretty good looking Oline and Dobbins, if he returns to form could have a big year running the ball. I think McConkey becomes a heck of a player for them in time. But largely right. 

I’d be pretty surprised if Dobbins does anything after that injury. Tore his achilles, mcl, lcl, acl, etc. All the football doctors seem to think it’s over for him. Chargers only guaranteed him 50k. 50k….

Would certainly be a crazy comeback story if he’s actually relevant. 

I think Gus is likely the worsehorse and Dobbins just has a few carries. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Beck would have been the 3rd or 4th QB off the board easily. 

So he passed up on a guaranteed $25M for what? What if he gets hurt and his career his over 

zero chance he passed on being a top 10 pick

Edited by NYRaider

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Media members going from playoff team to if we suck at least we can get a QB 

FWIW, I never thought we were a playoff team this year. I actually rather hope we suck so we can get a QB next year without having to pay an exorbitant price.

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why? He's a journeyman QB, it's year 6. You know exactly what you are getting. Why would surprise anyone now?

Because some people just can't be realistic, no matter what.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So he passed up on a guaranteed $25M for what? What if he gets hurt and his career his over 

zero chance he passed on being a top 10 pick

Guys do it all the time. Pretty rare for a QB to have a career ending injury. Look at Penix and Tua. Carson gets to go back to UGA, compete for a National Title and go #1 overall vs being QB 3 or 4. 

I genuinely can’t blame the FO for trying to get a qb this year. I liked McCarthy quite a bit but I also get why they wanted to build the OL/DL and add weapons. We will be a pretty good situation for a rookie to come into next year IMHO

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I genuinely can’t blame the FO for trying to get a qb this year. I liked McCarthy quite a bit but I also get why they wanted to build the OL/DL and add weapons. We will be a pretty good situation for a rookie to come into next year IMHO

Question is, for how long? We're very reliant on our few studs at key positions to be competitive. The rest of the roster and our depth is pretty bleak. And most/all of our top guys will either be expensive, old, gone, or a combination thereof by the start of the 2026 season. 

• Like 1