AP names Gardner Minshew starting QB

NYRaider

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Dude... give it a rest. What point are you even trying to make? You're trying to create an argument because I said the Vikings had 1 hole. They are currently 2-0 with Darnold. You're not really making a case here that they had a lot of holes. If they did.... where were they?

They're 2-0 thus have absolutely no holes. Got it. 

Anyways, my point is you continually make these same kind of hyperbolic arguments and bash posters for differing opinions before stating either that you "don't care" or crying wolf and playing a little victim card. 

Seems you don't like it very much when someone pulls the same on you and wants answers to things that can't be answered without going way off course or out on a limb. 

Your demand of Frankie was to detail how he would've conducted the draft, because you want to continually parrot your line about how it's all impossible and he's a homer saying dumb things. My demand of you is to back up your spouting of dumb things the same way, not move the goalposts like NYRaider does with Jimmy G. Or...you know...stop being an 🫏

38 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

As usual, pretty interesting watch...................

#89 is just fantastic, shows up over and over again, also will say there were a number of nice things scheme wise JT noted and lots of open receivers........

I haven't been super enamored with the play calling from a game flow perspective, bit that could be due to the personnel and learning a new system making things a bit janky. 

But credit where it's due- guys are definitely getting open. Getsy is on his way to redeeming himself from Chicago at least a little bit. Whether it's a better QB or blocking or run game or a combination thereof that gets us moving I don't know yet. But the basis of a very good offense is there, no doubt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

#89 is just fantastic, shows up over and over again, also will say there were a number of nice things scheme wise JT noted and lots of open receivers........

left a lot on the field but overall it was interesting to see how open guys were getting, schematically and just winning 1 on 1s. I think if the OL can hold its water, there are plays to be made in the pass game. I think we need to stay aggressive on offense and take advantage of our best players, 17 and 89.

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I haven't been super enamored with the play calling from a game flow perspective, bit that could be due to the personnel and learning a new system making things a bit janky. 

But credit where it's due- guys are definitely getting open. Getsy is on his way to redeeming himself from Chicago at least a little bit. Whether it's a better QB or blocking or run game or a combination thereof that gets us moving I don't know yet. But the basis of a very good offense is there, no doubt. 

i think some of it is trying to force the run, sometimes you pass to open up the run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I never thought about this as the possibility of Bowers being at 13 never crossed my mind. 

Me neither. In my personal opinion(not based on any mock drafts at the time) he was a top 5 pick. I had the Williams Daniels Harrison Jr Alt & Bowers as my top five players irrespective of position

Edited by Jeremy408

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Watched the episode. Props to Minshew, but he made a lot of mistakes. This tape breakdown was more of an Adams and Bowers breakdown. They BALLED. 

Bowers is getting a lot of credit due to it being his second game but this was an absolute Masterclass by Davante Adams. Just a masterclass. The routes, the sideline catch, and the endzone ball was a terrible pass by Minshew, Adams just yanked it away from the defender. 

You can tell JT was starting to man crush on Adams lol. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Watched the episode. Props to Minshew, but he made a lot of mistakes. This tape breakdown was more of an Adams and Bowers breakdown. They BALLED. 

Bowers is getting a lot of credit due to it being his second game but this was an absolute Masterclass by Davante Adams. Just a masterclass. The routes, the sideline catch, and the endzone ball was a terrible pass by Minshew, Adams just yanked it away from the defender. 

You can tell JT was starting to man crush on Adams lol. 

Yeh, it’s probably the main reason why I’m against trading Adams, even though there’s a lot of talk of it. I feel that even if we have a poor season he would’ve more valuable to us than the draft pick he’d garner. If we draft a rookie QB he could be absolutely invaluable to him as a safety blanket.

Noticed Jakobi Meyers was open a fair bit too and missed. I really liked some of the route concepts and things like moving the LBs with a RB shift then throwing into the gap created, I’m no scheme expert but it looked logical and well though out.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

They're 2-0 thus have absolutely no holes. Got it. 

Anyways, my point is you continually make these same kind of hyperbolic arguments and bash posters for differing opinions before stating either that you "don't care" or crying wolf and playing a little victim card. 

Seems you don't like it very much when someone pulls the same on you and wants answers to things that can't be answered without going way off course or out on a limb. 

Your demand of Frankie was to detail how he would've conducted the draft, because you want to continually parrot your line about how it's all impossible and he's a homer saying dumb things. My demand of you is to back up your spouting of dumb things the same way, not move the goalposts like NYRaider does with Jimmy G. Or...you know...stop being an 🫏

Funny how nobody seems to agree with Frankie or you on the subject.

Not sure what has your knickers in a twist or how you think I'm moving the goal posts by arguing 1) the only real hole the Vikings had to fill was QB and 2) the Vikings were not letting McCarthy passed them which is well documented. 

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Funny how nobody seems to agree with Frankie or you on the subject.

Not sure what has your knickers in a twist or how you think I'm moving the goal posts by arguing 1) the only real hole the Vikings had to fill was QB and 2) the Vikings were not letting McCarthy passed them which is well documented. 

Funny how your retort was the same last year about "nobody" agreeing on McDaniels. Speaking of, get him wiped off your chin yet?

Seeing as you're just going to skirt around actually answering anything like a little sissy yet again, I'll move on. Carry on, invertebrate, carry on. 

17 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Seeing as Fields barely beat out the corpse of Russell Wilson (and is only starting due to an injury to said Wilson), I think we're starting to see that Chicago's previous offensive struggles were more on the QB than the OC. I'm not saying Gesty is the truth (definitely not sold on him yet), but I agree that he's on his way to showing that Chicago's recent ineptness was more likely due to QB play than OC coaching.

Now if I were Mark and Frank Reich happened to say "Y'know, I'm willing to this OC thing one more shot", Getsy would find himself dropkicked out of the building to make room. But there's a 0.001% chance of that happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Funny how your retort was the same last year about "nobody" agreeing on McDaniels. Speaking of, get him wiped off your chin yet?

Seeing as you're just going to skirt around actually answering anything like a little sissy yet again, I'll move on. Carry on, invertebrate, carry on. 

Dude.. seriously, what is your problem? Not sure what I did to offend you into sophomoric name calling. You are trying to start something for no literal reason? It's weird. 

If you want me to take the bait..... What question am I skirting around exactly?

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

Seeing as Fields barely beat out the corpse of Russell Wilson (and is only starting due to an injury to said Wilson), I think we're starting to see that Chicago's previous offensive struggles were more on the QB than the OC. I'm not saying Gesty is the truth (definitely not sold on him yet), but I agree that he's on his way to showing that Chicago's recent ineptness was more likely due to QB play than OC coaching.

Now if I were Mark and Frank Reich happened to say "Y'know, I'm willing to this OC thing one more shot", Getsy would find himself dropkicked out of the building to make room. But there's a 0.001% chance of that happening.

Man...Idk. Reich is definitely sitting this year out (obviously), but as things continue to go sideways for Carolina in ways that can't be attributed him, I bet his itch starts tingling a bit again. 

He's going to be getting quite a few calls come December/January, and now his mind may change with the relative vindication.