53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

Some people should Know you don't claim Vets on 2nd deals so players like Noah Brown Laiel Collins are just free agents

Players I'd like to Claim
WR Terrance Marshall
CB Keenan Isaac
OL Royce Newman
OL Jackson Carmen

Players I think Quinn and Peters cold Claim
DB Eric Scott
TE Cameron Latu

3 Players with high upside but havn't shown it in NFL that intrigue me
S Lewis Cine
HB Isiah Spiller
WR Justyn Ross

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m not really attacking the notion of not keeping Henry.

I’m mostly just taking issue with JP trying too hard to make everything fit this narrative of “it’s about the future, not just day one.” If what you’re worried about is the future of the team, then why would you keep Dante Fowler on the roster over Henry?

Scheme fit maybe?

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Scheme fit maybe?

Have to wonder if it Playing time  and how they view his upside vs Jean Baptise

Would think the top 3 Edges are Armstrong Fowler and Ferrell
Luvu is going to get a decent amount of plays/snaps per game at edge
Would think the plan vs tired oline is to use Jamins Speed at edge
And could even see some Jon Allen,Payne,or Newton at edge to get them all 3 on field

Maybe the spot just didn't have a lot of path ways to playing time and they like Jean Baptise more long term.

I woulda cut Jean Baptise and prob got him back on practice squad and kept Henry though

• Like 1

The biggest shock to me and I think most of us is the McNichols keep. I'd be a dead man if I bet my life on him being gone. and I would have with complete confidence. 

BTW- You guys may know, I didn't . Waiver claims get processed at noon today ! Christmas all over again-maybe

Edited by RSkinGM

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

The biggest shock to me and I think most of us is the McNichols keep. I'd be a dead man if I bet my life on him being gone. and I would have with complete confidence. 

BTW- You guys may know, I didn't . Waiver claims get processed at noon today ! Christmas all over again-maybe

Name to keep a eye out there in my view from how we did our off-season would be Boston Scott former division guys with a couple ties to staff while also being a vet they could trust

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Crews was an awesome consolation prize but I still am just baffled by MLBs draft lottery. But that is a conversation for another time

A salary floor fixes most of the issues but for whatever reason, they aren’t going for that.  

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Some people should Know you don't claim Vets on 2nd deals so players like Noah Brown Laiel Collins are just free agents

Players I'd like to Claim
WR Terrance Marshall
CB Keenan Isaac
OL Royce Newman
OL Jackson Carmen

Players I think Quinn and Peters cold Claim
DB Eric Scott
TE Cameron Latu

3 Players with high upside but havn't shown it in NFL that intrigue me
S Lewis Cine
HB Isiah Spiller
WR Justyn Ross

Cine is probably the one player I hope we get after.  I’m not sure why it didn’t work out in Minnesota, but he was an integral part of the UGA defense while here.  

Justyn Ross……I guess just based on athleticism, but I’m not sure he can provide much value.  

I don't think I'm the only one, but I would be pretty pissed off if we go the whole day without claiming anybody at the #2 spot.

I don't know about scheme fits?

But you can't tell me there isn't a RB out there not better than Mcnichols, a WR out there not better than Pringle, a Corner out there not better than what we have & an O-lineman out there not better than what we have.

But at this time?

My biggest concern is WR.

I was completely fine trading Dotson. I still am.

But to not at least replace him with someone of equal production, or better? Would be catastrophic, imo.

Specially, considering we have the pick of the litter at the #2 spot.

You have a rookie QB starting. Possibly a great one.

So I would be upset to not get him the best help and an opportunity to be his best.

I'm cool with not trading multiple picks for Aiyuk & giving him 35M guaranteed, or whatever he wants.

But they damn sure, better be claiming a player who's talented & even has experience, over Pringle who probably should be playing in the XFL.

Anyways....that's my rant for the day.

I'll put my homer glasses back on.

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Cine is probably the one player I hope we get after.  I’m not sure why it didn’t work out in Minnesota, but he was an integral part of the UGA defense while here.  

Justyn Ross……I guess just based on athleticism, but I’m not sure he can provide much value.  

I'd take Cine over Forrest in Quinns system
Justyn Ross prob just more of a draft crush I don't want to give up on the anything but has Size

Honestly at WR I expect something more along the Lines of Noah Brown or People-Jones then us claiming one

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh man, I didn't know Spiller got released. He was a beast at Texas A&M. I'd guess he ends up in Dallas. 

Got beat out for the #3 HB on Chargers by former Washington Football team legend Jarret Patterson

• Like 1