53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Shocking.

I am pretty disappointed by the K.J. Henry situation.  As far as I can tell he strongly represented what Quinn asked for in terms of competition and he is also young.  Other than that, I am waiting to see who we sign because surely we are going to improve this team with some signing.

• Like 1

Just now, offbyone said:

Shocking.

I am pretty disappointed by the K.J. Henry situation.  As far as I can tell he strongly represented what Quinn asked for in terms of competition and he is also young.  Other than that, I am waiting to see who we sign because surely we are going to improve this team with some signing.

Me too.

Pretty pissed about it actually. I thought he was a very good player already & was young.

Then, we claim nobody off waivers? Are we that set for awesomeness this year?

Winfield Jr for Tampa better watch out!!

Jeremy Pringle is out there. Getting ready to run a route. Sheeesh.

• Like 1

I just do not understand how you can go into a season with an OL and receiver corp built this way while developing a young QB? I know its early but I'm starting to worry a little bit about this group. Not full on Rivera worried like I was very early with him but just a tick worried. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just do not understand how you can go into a season with an OL and receiver corp built this way while developing a young QB? I know its early but I'm starting to worry a little bit about this group. Not full on Rivera worried like I was very early with him but just a tick worried. 

They've already flipped 60% of the roster over. I don't exactly how you expected them to get everything done to be set up for success Day 1. There's more than one way to skin a cat. It's possible Jayden Daniels could develop without an all star cast immediately.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

They've already flipped 60% of the roster over. I don't exactly how you expected them to get everything done to be set up for success Day 1. There's more than one way to skin a cat. It's possible Jayden Daniels could develop without an all star cast immediately.

That's fine. There were options for LT and they did almost next to nothing. Receiver they simply made it worse. I'm fine with the rebuilding approach but JD5 already had a high S2P in college. Maybe we should not put him behind a patchwork OL with limited resources to throw to....

They had the second most cap space in the entire league and an abundance of draft choices and picked one OL. 

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I get he's probably not going to be the difference between winning or losing in the long run but you cannot tell me cutting KJ Henry made any semblance of sense at all? 

Henry doesn’t make sense, and ironically, a cornerback with decent experience and return abilities in Castro-Fields was claimed by the one team above us in the waiver order.  

I know that the roster was bad here, but for those two not to have a home here, it is kinda confusing. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That's fine. There were options for LT and they did almost next to nothing. Receiver they simply made it worse. I'm fine with the rebuilding approach but JD5 already had a high S2P in college. Maybe we should not put him behind a patchwork OL with limited resources to throw to....

They had the second most cap space in the entire league and an abundance of draft choices and picked one OL. 

On top of that we’re grooming literally no one on the Oline other than Coleman. We dumped Daniels and Stromberg for a bunch of journeyman middle aged FAs

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That's fine.

Is it? You're very vocal in your concern about how it isn't. 

There were options for LT and they did almost next to nothing.

FA? Sure, but we don't know what they fully tried to do and didn't. I wish it was better addressed too, but again, I can't expect everything to be fixed. 

Receiver they simply made it worse.

Not replacing Samuel when he walked in FA stunk, but again, I can't say what they did or didn't try and do. Sounds like they also gave Jahan a shot to be that guy and it didn't work out. I don't think they fully INTENTIONALLY made it worse. Things just didn't work out like they hoped. 

I'm fine with the rebuilding approach but JD5 already had a high S2P in college. Maybe we should not put him behind a patchwork OL with limited resources to throw to....

A lot of JD's biggest development issues are on JD (sliding, learning the pocket pressure). If he's also as good as we hope he is, he might make or lift up some of the talent around him. It's not like every great QB sits behind an elite o-line - Mahomes, Lawrence, Dak, etc. 

Signed two starters, drafted a possible third, yes. Again, this ties to having to spend it all on everything else, because just about everything was a need. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

On top of that we’re grooming literally no one on the Oline other than Coleman. We dumped Daniels and Stromberg for a bunch of journeyman middle aged FAs

Neither were claimed which was interesting.