53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well yeah because Crowder got hurt on the Bills in 2022, in 2021, Crowder had 51 receptions with 59 in 2020 & 78 in 2019 the year after he left DC.

You have to go back 4-5 years to support your point. Really? 

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You have to go back 4-5 years to support your point. Really? 

Well in 2022 I’m sure Crowder would’ve caught 50 balls plus in Buffalo as their slot WR but he got hurt. You left that out so just putting it out there.

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Of our options at this stage in of the game, this is a good pick up.  Nothing wrong with a possession receiver who has some physicality.  

I will be very curious as to the contract.  I assume he isn't gonna cost too much, like <4M a year.  I hope it is 2 years.  At least keep him for a bit.  He won't know the offense until october as is.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He’s on the 53 and just give him a chance to learn the offense and we’ll see. 

Well here OZ is younger so OZ will start over Crowder unless OS gets hurt. When Crowder got a chance last year he made an impact in 1 game but he was stuck behind Terry, Samuel & Dotson. 

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Of our options at this stage in of the game, this is a good pick up.  Nothing wrong with a possession receiver who has some physicality.  

I will be very curious as to the contract.  I assume he isn't gonna cost too much, like <4M a year.  I hope it is 2 years.  At least keep him for a bit.  He won't know the offense until october as is.  

Well obviously our best options is to still trade for Aiyuk or Tee Higgins but I still think that's unlikely.

I still would’ve signed Peoples-Jones over Noan Brown or signed both of them... Why the hell not?

Peoples-Jones can stretch the field more than Brown can while Brown is a possession WR/great blocker on the edge like you said for the screens we’ll run to Terry, our RBs & OZ.

Does anybody besides me feel that big move is coming for a big player?

Maybe it's just my anticipation for the season to start & kickoff? That's probably just what it is.

But a part of me has this anxiety riddled feeling, that we're about to make a splash that makes all of us fans just go "wow"!! 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Does anybody besides me feel that big move is coming for a big player?

Maybe it's just my anticipation for the season to start & kickoff? That's probably just what it is.

But a part of me has this anxiety riddled feeling, that we're about to make a splash that makes all of us fans just go "wow"!! 

This roster is awful. I have no clue why they would make a trade for a big name player at this point in the game? As currently constructed, with a rookie QB at the helm, this is a 4-5 win team. It makes no sense to give up more draft assets. I already dislike the fact that Peters keeps adding picks onto every trade he makes. 

I wish we could trade for a legit D E that can be counted on for pressure . If we don't have the worse D Es in the league- tell me who does ? I guess we'll be sending CBs and LBs on third downs ! Safeties too ! 

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

One opening left 

huh? this 14 . P S is 16, isn't it two openings. I must be missing something.

Bobby Price is missing and Jalen Graham it seems ..

Edited by RSkinGM
new info

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well obviously our best options is to still trade for Aiyuk or Tee Higgins but I still think that's unlikely.

I still would’ve signed Peoples-Jones over Noan Brown or signed both of them... Why the hell not?

Peoples-Jones can stretch the field more than Brown can while Brown is a possession WR/great blocker on the edge like you said for the screens we’ll run to Terry, our RBs & OZ.

No doubt, just the cost is too high.  I think both teams want a superbowl and both have some question marks at WR with Chase injured and 49ers' rookie injured and that is making the price go up.

Peoples Jones looks good on paper, but he isn't as fast as he is on a stop watch.  But sure, sign them both.   The problem is then we are bringing in a whole new WR room late in the game.  This is reactive GMing, not proactive.

• Like 1