The Cutdown to 53 (Official list on page 4)

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

It’s ok 😜

Phew, Nesta outplayed Young for sure.

Just really disappointing we miss on so many DTs with regularity, Young, Ferrel Jr, Butler all gone.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Nickel & DT as expected, wonder who will get released? 

Silvera/Young & Devonshire or a LB gets moved ? 

I think a LB gets moved. Even when teams carried a lot of LBs, 7 was a lot. That number is kinda outrageous nowadays when most teams are in nickel most of the time.

Edited by Justwinning

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IIRC Pierce made a point of saying decisions are made not just on game film, but how they practice and prepare. By all accounts Laube looked fine otherwise so it must be bigger than the few touches he got.

So he looked good without the pads lol. Rbs are everywhere and some actually look good with and without pads. Hope this regime is right

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

#shortsandtshirts

I'm all for practice and preparation being looked fondly upon, but there is a limit. 

Maybe Tyree shows up early, asks questions, stays late, and heads over to APs after practice to do his yard work. Nonstop 24/7/365 commendable dedication. He still got outplayed when it mattered, and I don't care if Snowden skipped practice, hid in the locker room, dipped off early, and pissed on APs flowerbed. 

Now, with Laube, I'm ok with it. He's a rookie making a huge leap, and our Rb room was crowded this preseason. The RBs he beat out were McCormick, a UDFA who missed all of last year and wasn't spectacular, and Brown, a 26 year old former 7th rounder who is slow and plodding. Sensible to go with the perceived upside. 

Either way, I don't necessarily like it as I think it gives a "scholarship player" feel to a few guys, but none of the moves were particularly unexpected. 

Meh I forgot about brown until preseason and imo him and McCormick outplayed Laube. Esp literally right after the fumble brown went off on similar screen plays that Laube got demolished in