What are you expectations for rookie Bo?

Scoundrel

11 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Agreed. Even home grown Meinerz has been disappointing this year though. I would say Bolles is the only one on that line that has performed to what we expected. That unit was supposed to be our best unit group and insulate some of the ancillary issues our team was going to face but instead it's just as bad as the rest of them. 

Couldn’t disagree more. Bolles has been getting beat with the first step consistently through two games. Hes had issues identifying the rusher on zone blitzes to his side almost every time. 

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Bolles has been getting beat with the first step consistently through two games. Hes had issues identifying the rusher on zone blitzes to his side almost every time. 

I guess what I was getting at isn’t that Bolles has been playing great, but I don’t think he has regressed so far this year. Those issues have always been there for him and I think he’s still playing like the average left tackle he was. On the flip side, Meinerz played like a top guard in the league last year hence his pay day and so far this year has been mimicking Powers play. 

12 hours ago, germ-x said:

I disagree with this.  Green Bay is the gold standard for QB play over the last 35 or so years, assuming Love is the real deal.

We are talking 3 QBs since 1992 and winning season after winning season.  Also drafting Rodgers and sitting him 3 years and doing the same with Love are 2 picks out of 35 years worth of drafts, that’s not the reason they aren’t winning SBs.  You can hindsight 20/20 that if they’d not have drafted Love and drafted (pick your player) they’d have won, but reality is they probably wouldn’t.

I’ll take having a franchise QB/HOFer sitting the first 3 years of their career every single damn day over what the broncos have been for the last decade.

You might get your wish. On The Fan this morning they were already talking about drafting a QB in first round in the 2025 draft. 

52 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You might get your wish. On The Fan this morning they were already talking about drafting a QB in first round in the 2025 draft. 

That would be a massive mistake, unless we somehow land with 1.1.   Beck & Ewers have shown they have a lot more work to do for NFL success.  At this point, I don't see anyone worth taking as a top 5 pick, except maybe 1 guy...and I'm not sold on him at all yet either. 

Besides the principle that we should give a rookie QB 2 years to show they have what it takes, barring getting an opportunity for a generational/elite level QB....reaching in a worse QB class than last year (we were just unlucky enough to be 6th in line in the pecking order), man, that would be tough.   

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

That would be a massive mistake, unless we somehow land with 1.1.   Beck & Ewers have shown they have a lot more work to do for NFL success.  At this point, I don't see anyone worth taking as a top 5 pick, except maybe 1 guy...and I'm not sold on him at all yet either. 

Besides the principle that we should give a rookie QB 2 years to show they have what it takes, barring getting an opportunity for a generational/elite level QB....reaching in a worse QB class than last year (we were just unlucky enough to be 6th in line in the pecking order), man, that would be tough.   

Even then, I'd rather trade that pick to a team desperate for a QB and then try for Nico or Arch in 2026. The team is just too bereft of talent to spend another high draft pick on a QB in next year's draft. In that scenario, see if you can get a haul of picks to rebuild the roster.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Even then, I'd rather trade that pick to a team desperate for a QB and then try for Nico or Arch in 2026. The team is just too bereft of talent to spend another high draft pick on a QB in next year's draft. In that scenario, see if you can get a haul of picks to rebuild the roster.

I wouldn't mind that if a team's willing to pay for sure.   Just my point is that unless we think there's an OMG-wow QB sitting at 1.1, pretty much any scenario with R1 does not involve QB for 2025, if anything I'd love to trade back and get 2026 ammunition for sure.     For better or worse, once we took Nix, unless you landed with 1.1 and had a guy you were ABSOLUTELY sold on, then trading back or going with elite non-QB (assuming there is one, but it's hard to believe there wouldn't be), is the call. 

• Like 1