The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

One last thing while I go on a multiple post rant lol.

We can debate the front office and coaching staff’s role in this all we want, we’ll never know for sure who was behind it until everyone here now is gone, but I can say with 100% certainty that ownership AT A MINIMUM is signing off on these guys.

Dorsey brought in Hunt after his episode.  No way that wasn’t run up the flagpole for the ok.

Same with Watson.  I personally believe Jimmy was the driver behind that decision, but that’s speculative on my end.  It’s not really speculative to say he signed off on it and was entirely on board with the fully guaranteed deal.

Jimmy also has waited patiently with Mike Hall and let him return to practice the next day.

This acceptance of these types of people starts at the top and comes from an insistence on winning at all costs, literally and figuratively.  These issues aren’t leaving with this regime just like they didn’t leave with Dorsey.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

I think social media and the MeToo movement plays a huge part of it. Plenty of players (including QBs) have been accused (or even convicted) of heinous things yet haven't received a fraction of the hate that Watson has.

Kobe is the one that always comes to mind. He went to trial and paid a huge fee. Yet he is loved by everyone. Even those that screen about believe all xxxxx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

One last thing while I go on a multiple post rant lol.

We can debate the front office and coaching staff’s role in this all we want, we’ll never know for sure who was behind it until everyone here now is gone, but I can say with 100% certainty that ownership AT A MINIMUM is signing off on these guys.

Dorsey brought in Hunt after his episode.  No way that wasn’t run up the flagpole for the ok.

Same with Watson.  I personally believe Jimmy was the driver behind that decision, but that’s speculative on my end.  It’s not really speculative to say he signed off on it and was entirely on board with the fully guaranteed deal.

Jimmy also has waited patiently with Mike Hall and let him return to practice the next day.

This acceptance of these types of people starts at the top and comes from an insistence on winning at all costs, literally and figuratively.  These issues aren’t leaving with this regime just like they didn’t leave with Dorsey.

Also you need the process to go through.  At this point according to the law Watson has done nothing illegal. Now in the court of public opinion that is different, yet he hasn’t been charged with anything. 

Baker was never going to be a top 5 player here in Berry, KS, and Haslems mind or they would have kept him and paid him.  Jimmy has to sign off on all these moves because he has to put the money in Watsons contract in escrow. Not many people would do that with $250 mil

5 minutes ago, JDD said:

Also you need the process to go through.  At this point according to the law Watson has done nothing illegal. Now in the court of public opinion that is different, yet he hasn’t been charged with anything. 

You mean with Hall?  They could have had him sit a few out, kept him in the building, etc AT THE LEAST.  They just kept on, business as usual. I don’t love that response personally.

5 minutes ago, JDD said:

Baker was never going to be a top 5 player here in Berry, KS, and Haslems mind or they would have kept him and paid him.  Jimmy has to sign off on all these moves because he has to put the money in Watsons contract in escrow. Not many people would do that with $250 mil

The fully guaranteed deal with essentially no outs is completely antithetical to everything else Berry and DePodesta have done here. Literally everyone who’s asked about AB talk about his preparation, planning, etc.  The idea that he just lost his damned mind on Watson is just so out of character and inconceivable to me personally.  

It does however sound exactly like the sort of thing a guy who listens to homeless people and is impressed by texts messages on draft night would do when their ego is bruised by rejection.

12 minutes ago, JDD said:

Kobe is the one that always comes to mind. He went to trial and paid a huge fee. Yet he is loved by everyone. Even those that screen about believe all xxxxx

Multiple layers to this.

First, isolated incident. Very different than a couple DOZEN incidents that all seem to mirror one another.

Second, Kobe had a likable personality.  Intelligent, clever, engaging, etc.  Watson doesn’t have the same charm.

Kobe won.  At the end of the day, as shotty as it is, people will accept more from people who win than losers.

Kobe took accountability and apologized publicly to the woman for his behavior.  Watson continues to deny everything.

At the end of the day Kobe’s situation was a he said/she said that took place in his hotel room. Watson’s is a serial aggressor.  

Week 1 writeup:

Stats were ugly and don’t even paint an accurate picture of how bad he was:

24-45, 169 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, and a fumble.

The fearless leader led us to a single first down in the first half and helped lead this team to a whole 38 yards in that same time frame.

Trying to earn his place as a fan favorite, we got to see him throw footballs several yards into the stands on multiple occasions during live play to give some lucky fans a few souvenirs.

Showing no pocket presence, poise, ability to read a defense, go through progressions, or any type of sense of urgency, our beloved Brownies are off to an 0-1 start after being humiliated on the NFL game of the week. 

However, at least he has the respect of the other players in the locker room:

Next week the Browns travel to Jacksonville, hoping to beat the mediocre at best Jaguars.

I would like to be the fly on the wall when the Browns management group made the decision on Watson especially after he stated he did not want to come to Cleveland.  Let’s see Watson was injury prone, accused of being an idiot at massage parlors, stats inflated because Houston had terrible D, quit playing for the team, and publicly stated he did not like Cleveland.  Someone in the room had to state the obvious Watson was not significantly better than Baker.  At the time I stated worst trade in NFL history for the reasons above.

10 minutes ago, #32 said:

I would like to be the fly on the wall when the Browns management group made the decision on Watson especially after he stated he did not want to come to Cleveland.  Let’s see Watson was injury prone, accused of being an idiot at massage parlors, stats inflated because Houston had terrible D, quit playing for the team, and publicly stated he did not like Cleveland.  Someone in the room had to state the obvious Watson was not significantly better than Baker.  At the time I stated worst trade in NFL history for the reasons above.

“Listen here you pencil neck nerds, I don’t care how many women he groped or how dumb the contract is, we’re doing it.  Now call and offer the contract or I’ll find someone who will.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Multiple layers to this.

First, isolated incident. Very different than a couple DOZEN incidents that all seem to mirror one another.

Second, Kobe had a likable personality.  Intelligent, clever, engaging, etc.  Watson doesn’t have the same charm.

Kobe won.  At the end of the day, as shotty as it is, people will accept more from people who win than losers.

Kobe took accountability and apologized publicly to the woman for his behavior.  Watson continues to deny everything.

At the end of the day Kobe’s situation was a he said/she said that took place in his hotel room. Watson’s is a serial aggressor.  

Weird how it was discussed how more have done worst than Watson, hence Kobe. Yet people still defend him. I’m not arguing the who is the better of the not good situation. More how the court of public opinion drives the response and outrage.  

As for Haslem, he made the call. I doubt Berry said I don’t want him, more we can get him if you want to spend this. I think it’s worth pursuing, then they have a huge contract that isn’t as huge anymore.  What Berry probably figured would happen. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It does however sound exactly like the sort of thing a guy who listens to homeless people and is impressed by texts messages on draft night would do when their ego is bruised by rejection.

YEEHAW - LET'S GO GET 'EM!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

3 years ago: “Baker ain’t it.  We’re never gonna win with him as our QB. He’s immature, can’t read a defense, too short……”

now: “I always loved Baker. I can’t believe we traded away such a wonderful QB just for this scrub.”

I keep seeing a couple of you say this, but who exactly are we talking about? Other than Mike and myself, who were always pro-Baker and against the trade, who is on the Baker bus now? 

3 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

I keep seeing a couple of you say this, but who exactly are we talking about? Other than Mike and myself, who were always pro-Baker and against the trade, who is on the Baker bus now? 

I was always pro-Baker as well (but not a frequent poster really)

And to use the crazy pills analogy, I couldnt believe everyone got so off on him that year, when it was beyond obvious he was playing badly hobbled.

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

Scrabble was talking out his arse yesterday lol