2024 Roster Cutdown names that catch your eye

For me a few names I noticed and why. 

Keith Randolph Jr - DT - Cincinnati - I was a little intrigued by him at Illinois as a possible late round pick. Hes a steady type player not spectacular, developmental type for the PS and if he makes more out of himself then that would be great. 

Willie Snead - Miami - think he is or was the all time NCAA receptions leader or some stat like that. Anyway probably not an upgrade though over Scotty Miller so I doubt the desired need/want. 

Derek Rivers - OLB - Indy - haven't followed him since college but hes hung around. I think we had some interest in him coming out the draft . I believe he played at Youngstown from what I recall. 

Boston Scott - RB - Rams - used to do a lot for Philly including return kicks. My vision of what he should still be thinks he should be able to compete vs C Patterson

Jonathan Marshall - DT - Jax - was with us last year, probably a tie with Dean Lowry so I doubt wed chase him. 

Josh Kelly - RB - NYG - you would think he would've amounted to more but just cant seem to get going after stints with Chargers & NYG. Not sure what issue is. I'd guess blocking is not strong point for one ?

• Like 1

Working on some rumored guys out there:

Robert Woods - I know he's another WR3/4 type in most eyes but if we're going to have a bunch of those guys out there might as well get the best of what we can get.

Falcons cut John LeGlue who was here at one point so might be worth calling back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

We were one of a few teams to reach out about John Metchie III

Where did you see that this was confirmed? Would be an exciting player to land right before the season, I am high on him. Although I’m worried about the price tag after he had a really solid preseason.  Was touted as an above average run blocker coming out of ‘Bama as well.

21 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Where did you see that this was confirmed? Would be an exciting player to land right before the season, I am high on him. Although I’m worried about the price tag after he had a really solid preseason.  Was touted as an above average run blocker coming out of ‘Bama as well.

Theres a couple of twitter accounts saying we were among those to do so. 

I kind of liked Dillon Johnson - RB - Carolina (Uof Washington) 

Little bit surprised he was cut and early. I saw he had a productive week 2 of preseason. I think it was 5.8yds per carry

A bit pedestrian but kind of tough. Do we really have a guy as #3 is my question?  I am not sold on the Patterson deal as I've expressed. TBD. We really seem to neglect the position rather than attempt to stock it up at least imo. 

5 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I kind of liked Dillon Johnson - RB - Carolina (Uof Washington) 

Little bit surprised he was cut and early. I saw he had a productive week 2 of preseason. I think it was 5.8yds per carry

A bit pedestrian but kind of tough. Do we really have a guy as #3 is my question?  I am not sold on the Patterson deal as I've expressed. TBD. We really seem to neglect the position rather than attempt to stock it up at least imo. 

The Edward and Perine kids looked good and wouldn’t be shocked if they are on the PS end of the day. 

• Like 1