Who do you expect to have a better season? Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, Jayden Daniels, Will Levis?

mdonnelly21

Who do you expect to have a better season? Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, Jayden Daniels, Will Levis?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect to have a better season?

• Anthony Richardson
    • Bryce Young
    • Jayden Daniels
    • Will Levis

Voted for Daniels.
I think he is going to be pretty good right off the gate. Kliff Kingsbury is the only one that might hold him back.
I also love Bryce Young and think he'll do much better with Canales + better WRs & O-line but I still prefer Daniels. 

Just thinking about it... I don't expect any of them to shock the world.

I think Richardson is going to be one of those players that will never stay healthy.

Bryce Young is too small and still in a bad situation, albeit more offensive talent now.

Jayden Daniels is a rookie and I don't believe in Kliff Kingsbury. Maybe he's the best long term though.

So I'm left with Will Levis. I believe in their new Head Coach. They actually have a decent receiving core now, but I think a lot of it falls on whether JC Latham pans out, or is a bust at Tackle and has to move to guard.

• Like 1

Reality.. 

Richardson 

Bryce 

Levis 

Jayden

honest to god Jayden just feels like a bust trash pick. He’s destined to fail in Wash. Idk, something about that guy just screams bust. 

I really think Bryce explodes this year. It’s just. Á shame he has no weapons on offense. Buy his cards. 🃏 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Seems odd to include Daniels in this group

I know they are all second year. But I think he's roughly in their tier IMO in terms of overall impact. 

I thought about including Drake Maye too

I went with Levis.  Probably because I'm a Titans fan, but I do have a thought process on it.  Daniels is a rookie, and a rookie I'm not sure it teed up for immediate success.  Richardson might continue to have injury issues, and was one of the rawest QBs coming out.  He missed a lot of time, so I think he may be behind the curve in comparison to the other second years.  And his preseason makes it seem like that's the case.

Carolina is probably still gonna have a lot of the same problems around Young that they had last year, and Young sucked.

Levis has a good cast of targets, a better OL than he had last year, and looked better than the other two in playing time last year imo.  I don't think he's walking in and challenging Stroud, but I do think he's likely gonna be better than the other three.

Gimme Daniels as my second choice though.

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

I went with Levis.  Probably because I'm a Titans fan, but I do have a thought process on it.  Daniels is a rookie, and a rookie I'm not sure it teed up for immediate success.  Richardson might continue to have injury issues, and was one of the rawest QBs coming out.  He missed a lot of time, so I think he may be behind the curve in comparison to the other second years.  And his preseason makes it seem like that's the case.

Carolina is probably still gonna have a lot of the same problems around Young that they had last year, and Young sucked.

Levis has a good cast of targets, a better OL than he had last year, and looked better than the other two in playing time last year imo.  I don't think he's walking in and challenging Stroud, but I do think he's likely gonna be better than the other three.

Gimme Daniels as my second choice though.

Levi’s has the least of talent of all. 

19 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Reality.. 

Richardson 

Bryce 

Levis 

Jayden

honest to god Jayden just feels like a bust trash pick. He’s destined to fail in Wash. Idk, something about that guy just screams bust. 

I really think Bryce explodes this year. It’s just. Á shame he has no weapons on offense. Buy his cards. 🃏 

What about him screams bust? Honestly, I'm just curious and I'm cool with hearing your reasoning because I was a Maye guy throughout the whole process. I'm still not the biggest fan of the Daniels pick but I'm just honestly interested in your reasoning of why he was a bust, trash pick?

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What about him screams bust? Honestly, I'm just curious and I'm cool with hearing your reasoning because I was a Maye guy throughout the whole process. I'm still not the biggest fan of the Daniels pick but I'm just honestly interested in your reasoning of why he was a bust, trash pick?

Got hit a lot in college, played out of structure a ton while throwing to 2 NFL WRs and a draft prospect TE, and now he's on a team with Dan Quinn as HC and Kliff Kingsbury as OC. I think he can succeed, but he's got his work cut out for him.

51 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Got hit a lot in college, played out of structure a ton while throwing to 2 NFL WRs and a draft prospect TE, and now he's on a team with Dan Quinn as HC and Kliff Kingsbury as OC. I think he can succeed, but he's got his work cut out for him.

Thanks. These are somewhat similar to my fears before we drafted him. Also was not a fan of the Dan Quinn hire lol. I'm indifferent as far as Kingsbury is concerned because I don't think he'll be here but maybe a year or two. 

I went with Levis.  Daniels and Young will be running for their lives.  I also have a bit more faith in the Titans to be able to keep Levis healthy.  Not that the Colts have a bad oline, quite the opposite, but Richardson has to learn to not put himself in harms way and the sad reality is guys that play recklessly at the beginning of their careers tend to stay that way.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 11:34 AM, HerbertGOAT said:

I think a lot of this is valid, but I’m not sure about the two bolded. 

As to the first, he pretty famously barely played out of structure at all. He would pull it down and run when pressured, absolutely, but an overwhelming majority of his passing production occurred in the pocket and within the play design. It’s actually been one of the bigger critiques of him, I think, that he can move so well but doesn’t really use it to extend plays and improvise big passing plays down the field.

As for the second, I’m not sure “Dan Quinn is his HC” is a knock on a QB. Matt Ryan led the league in passing yards, won an MVP, and went to the Super Bowl with Dan Quinn as his HC. I’m guessing the critique really is “HC isn’t going to play a big role in making him a success, so most of it falls on the OC (who we don’t trust),” so I get it from that angle. But I don’t think Quinn is going to be any sort of negative factor for him. 

Aside from that, I agree with the rest of those takes. A lot easier to throw to great receivers, and I still am not a massive believer in his ability to be pressured and succeed. Especially because there’s just such a huge risk that taking hits could be catastrophic for such a skinny guy.

For me, the thread question comes down to Daniels and Richardson. I think Jayden will be a better player than Richardson, but I think I like Richardson’s situation a good bit better. More help on the perimeter and I’ve always been impressed with Steichen. A season to watch and learn is always a huge advantage too — won’t be at all surprised if Richardson comes out hot and has a very strong season.