Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

When I retire in about 20 yrs or so, my wife and I are doing the opposite. We're moving north.  It's far too humid in Florida and it's too damn hot in Arizona now...imagine what it'll be like then. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

When I retire in about 20 yrs or so, my wife and I are doing the opposite. We're moving north.  It's far too humid in Florida and it's too damn hot in Arizona now...imagine what it'll be like then. 

I wouldn't live in Florida if it was free and came with a ten million dollar a year salary. Between the humidity, meth-heads, and just general weirdness, I'd probably snap.

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

I wouldn't live in Florida if it was free and came with a ten million dollar a year salary. Between the humidity, meth-heads, and just general weirdness, I'd probably snap.

I went to Florida one time in October for a conference...and when it rained, even the rain was hot.  It was horrible.  Florida isn't bad in February, but that's it. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The first Vikings injury report of 2024 is in and includes two receivers.

Jordan Addison and Jalen Nailor were listed as limited participants because of ankle injuries. Addison suffered his during the first of two joint practices at Cleveland. Nailor suffered his injury during a subsequent practice.

Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell said Wednesday that Addison "is doing better."

"He was limited on Monday and moved around quite well. He'll do a little more today, and then we'd like to progress him hopefully to full by the end of the week."

O'Connell said Nailor is "a couple days behind Jordan but is progressing really well."

New York listed four players on its initial injury report for Week 1.

Safety Dane Belton (back), quarterback Drew Lock (abdomen), linebacker Micah McFadden (groin) and receiver Gunner Olszewski (groin) were listed as limited participants.

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

I went to Florida one time in October for a conference...and when it rained, even the rain was hot.  It was horrible.  Florida isn't bad in February, but that's it. 

I have been to Florida three times in my life.  That's enough for any sane person!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The first Vikings injury report of 2024 is in and includes two receivers.

Jordan Addison and Jalen Nailor were listed as limited participants because of ankle injuries. Addison suffered his during the first of two joint practices at Cleveland. Nailor suffered his injury during a subsequent practice.

Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell said Wednesday that Addison "is doing better."

"He was limited on Monday and moved around quite well. He'll do a little more today, and then we'd like to progress him hopefully to full by the end of the week."

O'Connell said Nailor is "a couple days behind Jordan but is progressing really well."

New York listed four players on its initial injury report for Week 1.

Safety Dane Belton (back), quarterback Drew Lock (abdomen), linebacker Micah McFadden (groin) and receiver Gunner Olszewski (groin) were listed as limited participants.

vikings.com

Doogie Wolfson of Channel 5 Sports stated today (Thursday) that Addison is almost certain to start Sunday, but probably be a little less than 100%, but will be able to make cuts.  Perhaps not at his full normal speed.  Nailor is moire likely to be available for the game, but will likely be farther from 100%, IF he plays.  Addison will likely be at the very LEAST, a perceived viable target, and so, at least open the field a bit for The Vikings' offence, as a decoy, on, at least his 1st 2 or 3 plays.  With any luck, he'll be at 90+% speed, and with O'Connell's great scheming, and Addison's great separation ability, will be able to make some catches, with significant gains, and first downs.  Nailor is not so crucial.  His place as 3rd WR can be replaced with Tristen Jackson or Powell, and a few extra targeted plays to Oliver and Mundt.  Too bad Tonyon got hurt.  He was looking almost as good as Hockenson.  He seemed to be better at getting free and making catches than Mundt. 

Let's hope that Jones will be able to run consistently through The Giants' defence, getting large chunks and moving the chains; and hope that our OL can hold up against The Giants' powerful pass rush.  Let's hope that O'Connell will be in Darnold's ear like he was with Kirk Cousins, and helps him play "calmly" enough to not panic, and to make his first 2 reads quickly, finding the open man quickly, and getting his passes off very quickly.  Let's also hope that we can finally see The Vikings again succeed in completing screen plays for big chunks of yardage, to keep the chains moving and open the field more (taking even more pressure off of Darnold).

• Like 2

Here we are again!  It's far too early to say here we go again😅  

I'm looking for the lines to show what they got.   If they win, the team wins.

Praying for Darnold . . . Just make good decisions 97.6778% of the time.   Ya can have a mistake, just make sure ya get away with it.  

Finally, I know it's a passing league, but run the ball, pound the rock!!!  Have Jones and Chandler pile up 200 yards . . . Put everybody on notice - We're Gonna Pillage!

SKOL!

• Like 3

Addison was listed as limited in practice for the second straight day because of the ankle sprain he’s been dealing with for multiple weeks, but said that he has no question about his availability against the Giants. Addison told reporters that he feels 100 percent and that he will be good to go on Sunday.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-addison-says-hes-playing-on-sunday