Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

I feel like this game is going to come down to who makes the more mistakes. I'm worried.. I've been hearing a lot about how their D is quite good. If Darnold can't handle pressure, I'm nervous that we can't overcome the turnovers. Not trying to be negative - just more nervous than I should be. 

1 hour ago, K9 said:

I feel like this game is going to come down to who makes the more mistakes. I'm worried.. I've been hearing a lot about how their D is quite good. If Darnold can't handle pressure, I'm nervous that we can't overcome the turnovers. Not trying to be negative - just more nervous than I should be

Vikings don't get nervous. while traveling in the longboats they contemplate how savagely they will rip their enemies apart and pillage their goods.

hold fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm hoping some quick passing routes or playaction (screens, outs, rollouts) can help minimize the Giants pass rush. 

And I'm hoping our corners can slow down Nabers. He'll get plenty of opportunities.

no doubt Flores has been in his mad science lab inventing a million ways to take Nabers out the game - He's truly their only star on offense so if we can neutralise him we can severely impair the Giants offense

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings don't get nervous. while traveling in the longboats they contemplate how savagely they will rip their enemies apart and pillage their goods.

hold fast.

😅

• Like 1

Vikings receiver Jordan Addison said Thursday that he’ll be playing on Sunday despite a training-camp ankle injury. The Vikings made it official on Friday.

Although he was listed as limited in practice on Wednesday and Thursday, Addison was upgraded to full participation on Friday. He has no injury designation. Which means that he’s good to go for Sunday.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-addison-is-good-to-go-for-week-1-at-giants

• Like 1

Vikings linebacker Ivan Pace Jr. made plenty of noise as a rookie. He made some more noise this week, as hewas asked about the Sunday matchup between the Giants offense and the Vikings defense. He opted to go the bulletin-board route.

Pace: “We about to go crazy, man. Ain’t even gonna be no matchup. We gonna have to go crazy on them. It’s gonna be cool. I know our defense. I know what we got in this locker room.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ivan-pace-jr-on-giants-matchup-aint-even-gonna-be-no-matchup

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 4:00 PM, viking said:

The strength of the Giants team is that D-line

Big Dex

Brian Burns

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Our success revolves around stopping these three

You guys are good at Tackle, but unless you vastly upgraded at Center since the last time you played the Giants, Big Dex will not be stopped. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Gaskin led the Vikings with 128 rushing yards in the preseason on 27 carries and added four receptions for 16 yards. Gaskin has 41 NFL games of experience, including 17 starts and turned in a strong training camp that impressed coaches. Gaskin also returned three kickoffs for 55 yards during Minnesota's exhibition slate and could be an option for the Vikings. He will provide depth behind Aaron Jones, Sr., and Ty Chandler, the two running backs the Vikings have on their 53-man roster.

McCain has played in 131 career games, including 10 last season with the Giants. Minnesota signed the versatile veteran in late July.

vikings.com

On a cool Sunday afternoon in the original Yankee Stadium in 1969, the Minnesota Vikings opened their ninth season as a franchise against the New York Giants in the NFL's "Game of the Week."

The Vikings – led by quarterback Gary Cuozzo – held a 23-10 lead in the fourth quarter after a trio of Fred Cox field goals and a pair of touchdowns from Cuozzo to John Henderson and Gene Washington, respectively. But the Giants – who were led by former and future Vikings QB Fran Tarkenton – came back with a couple of touchdown passes of their own to earn a 24-23 victory.

Fast forward 20,076 days, and it'll be this Sunday, when the Vikings open their season at the Giants for just the second time in franchise history.

vikings.com