2024 Eagles regular season

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Welp, He Gone...

Rams Sign C Dylan McMahon Off Eagles PS

By
 Logan Ulrich
 -
September 10, 2024

The Los Angeles Rams have signed sixth-round C Dylan McMahon to their roster from the Eagles practice squad, per Matt Lombardo.

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This actually really surprises me cause he is not ready to play at all. Is what it is. 

You are being a Howie apologist if you are OK with this.  Should have made the 53.  He can play all 3 interior spots.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are being a Howie apologist if you are OK with this.  Should have made the 53.  He can play all 3 interior spots.

That’s strong. The eagles don’t just routinely let go drafted linemen they like

they don’t waive those guys for the hell of it.

Fran Duffy said he thought Dylan looked a bit behind. 

it’s not great to lose him but if he should’ve made the 53 he would’ve. They didn’t even bring him up when they put Bradberry on IR.

they had a few chances to do it too.

hes a guy they couldn’t developed but that may still happen.

how many times have they lost Brett toth

hell they lost Driscoll right? Both guys are back.

i think getting up in arms about this is a tad dramatic.

the guy might be back week 6. Or maybe they end up looking stupid, but I think it’s pretty early to get upset about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

From how he looked I don’t think he could. was going to need a year or two at least.

I think the overarching thing here is Stout, I don’t think they put him in a position to be taken if Stout thinks he’s worth keeping on the 53.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

What are you even talking about? Even if he made the 53 he wouldn't have been active a single time unless our OL was ravished by injuries. He isn't ready to play. That is the reason he didn't make the 53 in the first place lol.

But ya, because I don't condemn this as some terrible franchise crippling move I am just an apologist. Please.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

You're such a homer man! How could you possibly justify letting Dylan McMahon go!

The thing is that I wish we had found a way to keep him, but I get the logic in what they did. They just didn't think another team was going to sign a very raw interior OL off their practice squad. I mean the guy isn't ready to play. They activated Nick Gates over him on Friday night... that tells you everything you need to know.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

You guys are funny. Getting all riled up that we had the audacity to let a 6th rd pick get taken off the PS. Making him out as though he was something special. 

If Stout for 1 singular second thought He should of been on the 53, he would of.  If Stout was remotely worried of potentially losing the 2nd greatest 6th rd pick in Eagles history, only behind Jason Kelce apparently. He would of been on the 53. 

Did any of you watch the Rams OL the other day? The amount of injuries? Of course they are looking for viable bodies. Why not take one off the PS from a team who has a Top 3 unit in the NFL?

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Do we have a developmental Center now? And who is our backup by the way? 

"With McMahon no longer with the Eagles, they have four offensive linemen on the practice squad – Nick Gates, Jack Driscoll, Brett Toth and Laekin Vakalahi, who has an international exemption.

Gates and Toth can both play center. Starting left guard Landon Dickerson can also play center."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You guys are funny. Getting all riled up that we had the audacity to let a 6th rd pick get taken off the PS. Making him out as though he was something special. 

If Stout for 1 singular second thought He should of been on the 53, he would of.  If Stout was remotely worried of potentially losing the 2nd greatest 6th rd pick in Eagles history, only behind Jason Kelce apparently. He would of been on the 53. 

Did any of you watch the Rams OL the other day? The amount of injuries? Of course they are looking for viable bodies. Why not take one off the PS from a team who has a Top 3 unit in the NFL?

"With McMahon no longer with the Eagles, they have four offensive linemen on the practice squad – Nick Gates, Jack Driscoll, Brett Toth and Laekin Vakalahi, who has an international exemption.

Gates and Toth can both play center. Starting left guard Landon Dickerson can also play center."

That's very uninspiring to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That's very uninspiring to say the least. 

Let's be real. So would a Rookie 6th rd pick having to start in place of Cam Jurgens.  Niether situation is ideal.

I said this earlier in OTA's. Outside of Jalen and probably Lane, Cam is the last person we can afford to lose to injury. 

No Kelce, No Jurgens....we're F'd!

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let's be real. So would a Rookie 6th rd pick having to start in place of Cam Jurgens.  Niether situation is ideal.

I said this earlier in OTA's. Outside of Jalen and probably Lane, Cam is the last person we can afford to lose to injury. 

I asked independently from the McMahon claim, my concern is not him being gone, is experience behind Jurgens. 

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nick Gates is fine. He isn't a good center, but he has plenty of NFL experience and has started a bunch of games. Losing any starters would hurt, but we can at least line up and play with him

On 9/10/2024 at 5:20 PM, downundermike said:

He has super short arms that basically restrict him to just C. That being said, I would have liked to have kept him as a backup C. Did not want to see him at LG or RG.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1