Week 1: SNF Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions

Louis Friend

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am still a big fan of Matt Stafford but doing tributes to players who are active for other teams is weird to me.  Bring him back when he retires and the crowd can appreciate him but I dont want to have to cheer for him when he is on the opposing team.  

Stafford is starting to lose my respect with his repeated shots at Kerby. 

Stafford called it a good play, then a cheap play, then that they would submit the play to be reviewed by the league, and still whines about Kerby.

The refs didn't flag the hit and the NFL hasn't punished Kerby for it. I can't find a rule the hit violated.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

tim-robinson-i-think-you-should-leave.gi

https://people.com/matthew-stafford-wife-kelly-clarifies-comments-about-detroit-lions-fans-booing-daughters-8426977

["You weren't booing the other team. You were specifically booing my husband when he came on the field, and that's okay. I'm okay with that, but I don't want excuses being made," she said.

"I had to explain to two of my daughters. Hunter started crying on the field because — and it's not everybody, but the fans that ... are the loudest. But we're not playing the game," the mom of four leveled.

"My girls and I are not playing the game. I know my girls are not getting booed. I am. But when I have my girls with me, there's something to be said about, 'Maybe not.'"]

[She validated her daughter's statement and explained to them again that it was about her and Matthew and not them, and that they "have to move on and look at the positive."]

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't believe that her children were targeted. Kelly herself could be. She has put herself out there as a public figure and not just as the wife of our ex-QB. 

I meant are you sure Kelly Stafford wouldn't find a way to make something up to inject herself in the drama even without being there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I meant are you sure Kelly Stafford wouldn't find a way to make something up to inject herself in the drama even without being there.

"Hey guys, I'm not coming to this thing that I don't have to go to for my mental health" is certainly injecting herself into it. Just like her comments about the Stafford jersey ban. 

Maybe she should talk more about dating Stafford's back up at Georgia while she's at it. 

• Like 2

Ifeatu Melifonwu returned to practice today.  I don't know how much he and DJ Reader will play on Sunday but I am glad they are both back on the field.  Iffy stayed healthy last year for the first time.  Lets hope that continues.

Lions injury news: Ifeatu Melifonwu returns, Rams’ starting CB placed on IR - Pride Of Detroit

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm starting to get a feeling like the Lions are gonna put the boots to em

There are some things working in the Lions favor:

1.  The Lions D-Line seems like they have the advantage over a beat-up Rams O-Line

2.  They traded their leading tackler in Ernest Jones and are starting Rookie LB Omar Speights in his place.  Jared Verse is also a rookie LB

3.  Kamren Curl is solid but the rest of the Rams secondary is filled with question marks.  I don't think Cobie Durant scares anyone.  Tre'Davious White has been robbed of some of his speed due to injuries but can still mirror pretty well.  

On 9/5/2024 at 3:22 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I am still a big fan of Matt Stafford but doing tributes to players who are active for other teams is weird to me.  Bring him back when he retires and the crowd can appreciate him but I dont want to have to cheer for him when he is on the opposing team.  

I'm perfectly fine with that, happens in NHL quite a lot so not weird about it. He was big part of our team for a long time so nice little tribute is fine. Perhaps gets him emotional and can't focus on the game, lets hope.

On 8/31/2024 at 3:45 PM, nagahide13 said:

I have legitimately zero idea what to expect. 

I think this game is a 2 score win, but wouldn't be surprised if we got blown out.

i have you guys picked not only to win, but to be the team that scores the highest point total this week.

• Like 1