GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just work on fundamentals and get Watson his missing “preseason reps.”

I think they need to run a more balanced offense and just look to build something for next week.

Pretending you’re still in this thing and airing it out a bunch and letting Watson take a bunch of hits isn’t helping anyone rn.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Things like this make me wonder if we’re watching the same game.

I get others have been bad, but when the lynch pin is so bad nothing else can work. 

We have also worked this offense entirely around him. The 5 wide stuff is for him and its awful.

His arm isn't working. When a qb can't pass we find out a lot about them.

I’m not saying that the offensive line is good, but I do find it really strange that both the receivers and the offensive line looked awesome when Joe Flacco was here and there were a lot of checks at the line of scrimmage into the right play. I’m not sure this dude knows how to shift protection or anything. I just find it odd that we are getting the worst cast efforts every time Watson is here and don’t believe in coincidence. Just like with spurts last year, it’s like the call is basically hero ball and Watson doesn’t even know the play when he drops back and then he just scrambles around.

Edited by NateDawg

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

16 for 32, 119 yards, 1 TD 1 INT.

He is either physically or mentally broken. Balls going into the stands and no ability to process anything.

If they were smart they’d eat it all and bench him the rest of the way this year and move on next, eating like $120M in dead cap and starting over.

I was really hoping they’d have declined to restructure things this year and make him prove he can still play.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not saying that the offensive line is good, but I do find it really strange that both the receivers and the offensive line looked awesome when Joe Flacco was here and there were a lot of checks at the line of scrimmage into the right play. I’m not sure this dude knows how to shift protection or anything. I just find it odd that we are getting the worst cast efforts every time Watson is here and don’t believe in coincidence. Just like with spurts last year, it’s like the call is basically hero ball and Watson doesn’t even know the play when he drops back and then he just scrambles around.

You’re not wrong.  He certainly hasn’t elevated the play of anyone, which is what you pay a 1/4 billion for.

i do think we’re memory holing some stuff with Flacco though.  We were scraping by to beat some bad teams.  We had no run game.  Our backup tackles were an issue then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll give the defense a break, but there are flaws. Any OC can take advantage of our over aggressiveness.

The offense is the tire fire I expected.

Defense has been pretty good overall. Last 6 points were due to giving Dallas great field position. Another 7 due to a punt return for a TD. And another 3 points due to Watson throwing an INT in our territory. They've played pretty well given the circumstances they've been put in today. That's 16 points that I don't really blame them for.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is one of those games you just try to get out of healthy and move on.

Just like week 2 last season tbh.

Unfortunately, Njoku and Jeudy got hurt. Maybe nothing serious but those would be big blows if they miss any significant time.

• Like 1