GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

Just now, MWil23 said:

Continuing to go down this road and refusing to acknowledge a sunk cost and move on is absolutely dumb. It’s the football equivalent of continuing to invest in Enron stock.

The thing is you don’t have to move on (mostly because you can’t), but you can start looking to give yourself other options.

”hey Deshaun, don’t worry about it.  BB drafted Jimmy G and Brady outlasted him and much more.  You do your thing and that happens here too. That said, we do love competition and want to have the best backup in the league just in case.”

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it says he’s frustrated, I don’t know that it means he’s frustrated at Watson specifically or especially.  

Drops, missed throws, missed blocks, lining up improperly, etc has got to be frustrating as hell. 

I think people are gonna see what they want to see to some degree on this.  They’ll apply their own context.

I think he’s frustrated he wasted his career here. 

But you’re right that it was probably a lot of factors and most likely it being like 33-10 and getting worked over.  

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it says he’s frustrated, I don’t know that it means he’s frustrated at Watson specifically or especially.  

Drops, missed throws, missed blocks, lining up improperly, etc has got to be frustrating as hell. 

I think people are gonna see what they want to see to some degree on this.  They’ll apply their own context.

But you’re right that it was probably a lot of factors and most likely it being like 33-10 and getting worked over.  

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah I don’t disagree but when a move the size of Watson’s fails there is typically a scapegoat or two.

What’s interesting in Haslam seems to have some tells though. Like the fact that DePo has stayed throughout multiple regimes and AB was kept and then brought back tells me that what has come out of their mouths has in general been pretty spot on and others were the drivers being some of the buffoonery.  When you’re part of the day to day you know who was on the right and wrong side of debates.

Maybe there’s a scapegoat, certainly wouldn’t surprise anyone, but if he keeps everyone it absolutely confirms to me that he was behind the Watson nonsense. “It was an organizational decision and we still have complete confidence in AB” = I told this mfer to go get him but I’m not gonna admit I stuck my nose in on ANOTHER QB decision.

5 minutes ago, Powertower said:

4 minutes ago, Powertower said:

4 minutes ago, Powertower said:

Impressive lol.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The thing is you don’t have to move on (mostly because you can’t), but you can start looking to give yourself other options.

”hey Deshaun, don’t worry about it.  BB drafted Jimmy G and Brady outlasted him and much more.  You do your thing and that happens here too. That said, we do love competition and want to have the best backup in the league just in case.”

Refusing to bring back Flacco was AB and company waiving the equivalent of the Riders with Faramir being sent to their deaths because of an irrational order from a narcissistic king.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Refusing to bring back Flacco was AB and company waiving the equivalent of the Riders with Faramir being sent to their deaths because of an irrational order from a narcissistic king.

Eh, I think Jameis is better than Flacco personally.

If you want hero ball, dude has a 30/30/5k season under his belt