Week One 9/8/24 game thread: vs Tennessee

beardown3231

57 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

What about a 230lb linebacker?

He's gotta be better. but I dont think he was expecting Jeffery Simmons to drop into coverage. Seemed more like a blindside than just not being able to block him. Again, needs to be better, but thats some pretty good scheming to me

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Shelton was surely an issue yesterday, but its shocking to see Jenkins that bad

I dont remember Davis playing that well, but I havent rewatched 

A lot of grades are a little wonky when you go back and personally fact check them.  Particularly O line grades   I haven't done that.  

I am just posting what they show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

True.  

Caleb seemed timid to run yesterday. Which ontop of not moving he pocket like we did all preseason was an issue for the offense.

He had a few opening that he could have taken 7-10 yards easy but he kept trying to force balls. I was yelling at my TV for him to run multiple times after he escaped the Inside Pressure.

If he takes those, not only do they need to start dedicating a LB/S to him, but it gets all DBs to pause on their coverage when they see him near the LOS. Just one of those things he is going to have to learn and get comfortable with.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Caleb seemed timid to run yesterday. Which ontop of not moving he pocket like we did all preseason was an issue for the offense.

He had a few opening that he could have taken 7-10 yards easy but he kept trying to force balls. I was yelling at my TV for him to run multiple times after he escaped the Inside Pressure.

If he takes those, not only do they need to start dedicating a LB/S to him, but it gets all DBs to pause on their coverage when they see him near the LOS. Just one of those things he is going to have to learn and get comfortable with.

Outside pressure is easier than pressure in your face immediately.

When it happens early it throws you off and you start over thinking.  When he took the 19 yard sack I am sure he had 20 people tell he can't do that.  But that pressure came really fast.  

Sometimes you have to let a guy trust his instincts and not over coach him on some things.

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

rewatching this though jenkins right foot gets behind shelton's left foot and helps trip him, making it look BAD

Ha!   You are right.  That sucks.

Already been viewed on twitter 9 million times.