Week One 9/8/24 game thread: vs Tennessee

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I don't believe I have even noticed him or heard of him, so good find on you. Lol

Yea I thought he might have something given a chance with an even bigger role after a decent year for the Chargers. Was proven wrong in Vegas last year. But he’s a fiend as a return man

• Like 1

Hoping that was the big mistake from Caleb today. Took points off the board, but didn’t kill us. 

I actually like what Waldron is calling so far, but we seem to be telegraphing some, need to be more smooth with some plays, and not force things

Seems like Caleb has a bit of the first game jitters, but not like he’s lost out there. Just needs to settle a bit

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Hoping that was the big mistake from Caleb today. Took points off the board, but didn’t kill us. 

I actually like what Waldron is calling so far, but we seem to be telegraphing some, need to be more smooth with some plays, and not force things

Seems like Caleb has a bit of the first game jitters, but not like he’s lost out there. Just needs to settle a bit

Might seem crazy but I am sort of glad...I think he needs to have some of these moments where he realises just how difficult it is to play QB in this league...it will make him a far better player in the long run...like you said there is nothing here that looks fatal but for a young QB some learning moments will never be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Yeah. I'm not a fan if the lateral passing game but I do completely understand it with the situation. Rookie QB in his first game, OL that has questions, good DL, jitters, etc.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

TE screen with all those explosive RBs & WRs? Not a fan of that one.

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah let’s cover 29 yards with Gerald Everett 

They were clearly just playing for a FG attempt. But that’s one of those plays that was telegraphed. (By the OL I think)

Seems like that’s one of those that regularly gets 6-7 yards and they thought it would be reliable there 

They were clearly just playing for a FG attempt. But that’s one of those plays that was telegraphed. (By the OL I think)

Seems like that’s one of those that regularly gets 6-7 yards and they thought it would be reliable there 

I think even playing for the FG...get the ball into the explosive guys hands.

This seems counter intuitive, but there’s a chance the great field position may have thrown the offense off

If we have been running the opening script all offseason, then suddenly we’re trying to take advantage of field position instead, may have had us a bit off kilter.

lets hold them to a FG and get a real drive going